41+ Golden Retriever Mix Breeds
Today we are going to talk about the Golden Retriever mix –you will learn about the various mixes’ appearance, price, temperament, health issues, food, training, exercise requirements and more.
Responsible dog owners do their homework before adopting, if you are thinking about adopting a Retriever Mix, this article is for you.
Have any questions about the Golden Retriever? Comment below and we’ll do our best to answer whatever you’ve got.
Boxer Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Boxer
- The Golden Retriever Boxer mix is obviously one part purebred Golden Retriever and one part purebred Boxer parent. The puppies are called Golden Boxer.
- The Canine Health Information Center recommends testing a Golden Retriever dogs for issues in hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, cardiac and eye. Testing Boxers for hip and elbow dysplasia, hypothyroidism, aortic valve disease, cardiomyopathy, degenerative myelopathy, aortic/sub-aortic stenosis and arrhythmogenic right ventricular are recommended by the American Boxer Club. These often occurs on these breeds that is why it is recommended.
- However it is not possible to predict in advance which traits a puppy may inherit from either parent of the dog, the best way to imagine what your pup might be like is to know more about both the Golden Retriever and the Boxer. The prediction of what a Golden Retriever Boxer mix dog will be like has everything to do with the parents.
Corgi Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Corgi
- The Golden Retriever Corgi mix originated in early 19th century Scotland through careful breeding. The goal was to create a designer dog. Pure bred dog usually has a lot of disease to occur.
- Fortunately what the Golden Retriever Corgi mix will look like or how they’ll act, we can determine certainty that will help you understand this intelligent and interesting mix.
- Both the breeds of corgi and golden retriever are affectionate and incredibly loyal, so there is no doubt that the Golden Retriever Corgi mix will also have those traits, which make for an intelligent pet. In addition, both breeds are exceptionally smart, so you know this mix will be quite excellent. At last, you can count on the Golden Retriever Corgi mix to be a lively, fun dog full of spirit and spunk, just like its parents. Ultimately, the Golden Retriever Corgi mix is a good-natured pup that gets along great with others and loves to be active.
Learn more about the Corgi Golden Retriever.
Poodle Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Poodle
- The Goldendoodle has a “golden” personality, that these dogs will make poor watchdogs for your family because they are overly friendly and sociable. Goldendoodles are smart just like their parents and they can develop some not so good traits without early training, socialization, and activity. The Goldendoodle is so friendly and enthusiastic, interaction with people and other dogs as a puppy is a must to help your breed understand how to behave when out of the house.
- Usually golden retriever lives about 10 to 12 years. Poodle’s life span averages 10 to 18 years. The Goldendoodle’s life span it ranges from 10 to 18 years depending on which parent dog your pup most closely takes after.
- In the 1990’s the goldendoodle were first introduced. This lovely new dog immediately caught the eye of the dog lovers and breeders. Now a days it is very popular and there is even an association just for Goldendoodles.
- Golden Doodles are often recommended as therapy and service dogs because they are not shy and they always entertain
German Shepherd Golden Retriever Mix = German Golden Retriever
- A German Shepherd Golden Retriever Mix has a lot of energy, wait, no, tons of energy! This means you need to make sure your dog gets lots of exercises. It is epecially important to keep them fit and healthy. A bored Golden Shepherd will use its energy just tearing up the house. Spend some time outside with your dog like playing Frisbee, go for a long walk or take a hike; include your dog in running, jumping and in any physical activity you partake in.
- Overall, puppies of a German Shepherd Golden Retriever Mix are a mix of both parents. Both in appearance and temperament; but, it’s not uncommon to see some puppies leaning towards one particular parent. It depends on the pup on what they will they inherit from their parents.
- Naturally, a German Shepherd Golden Retriever Mix is very affectionate. They will be friendly towards everybody. They’re also very playful. They posses a people pleasing attitude, which keeps their wagging tails and makes them super friendly towards people and pets. German Shepherd Golden Retriever Mix dogs are also great with kids, they are always excited to see you. They can become your ideal dream dog you just need proper information to train them.
Learn more about the German Shepherd Golden Retriever mix.
Beagle Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Beagle
- Breeders crossed two breeds in order to create the “Beago”. The American Canine Hybrid Club recognizes the name Beago, along with the International Designer Canine Registry. The Designer Dogs Kennel Club along with the well-known Designer Breed Registry recognize these magnificent cross-breeds as the Beago retriever. The Dog Registry of America, Inc. also recognizes the cross.
- These dogs are very easy to train and to get along with, provided that you properly socialize the animal when it is young. You can teach them simple commands and move on to advanced lessons if you are so determined because this pup is very intelligent and will quickly catch on to your instructions.
- Because of their easy-going nature, the Beagle Golden Retriever mix is not for a good guard dog. They are very loving and do not easily become scared or angry. But, they can be taught to fetch and perform other games that allow them to interact with their family.
Bull Mastiff Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Mastiff
- The Golden Bullmastiff Retriever is mixed breed of the Bullmastiff and the Golden Retriever. Both parents are large, but the Bullmastiff is considered a giant. Then Golden Bullmastiff Retriever is also a large dog and makes for an excellent family guardian and protector. The Bullmastiff parent is an intimidating size but is gentle and courageous. The Golden Retriever as a parent helps soften the Bullmastiff’s looks and reduced the size slightly. The breed carry distinctive physical traits of both, such as hair color or head shape. No matter which breed will dominates the looks, expect that the Golden Bull mastiff Retriever will drool a lot.
- The Golden Bull mastiff is not a hypoallergenic dog and it sheds moderately. Grooming them helps remove dead and loose hair and keep your Golden Bull mastiff Retriever’s coat healthy. Though this does not shed much the Bull mastiff has a large mouth and tongue and drools. This breed is prone to dental disease so regular teeth brushing and cleaning are important to preventing bad dog breath and vet visits. Frequent nail clipping is a must for those who may not often run against hard surfaces that naturally wear the nails down.
- The Golden Bull mastiff Retriever needs daily exercise but this can spread over the day with casual walks. It should also avoid exercise after eating or drinking. When it comes to climates, this large dog likes it a little cooler but they can adopt to other climates too.
Labrador Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Labrador
- The Golden Labrador mix is loving, devoted, and energetic and is naturally trainable. The Golden Lab mix is a great family member. It is fun and easy going with kids and very sociable to other pets. The Golden Lab are good is also a great guide or service dog.
- The Golden Lab is a designer breed that you can predict the size. Both parents are large and similar in shape and size. The Lab Golden Retriever mix is usually 22 to 24 inches tall at the shoulder and weighs 60 to 80 pounds.
- Golden Labs are an ideal family companion and are generally gentle and loving toward children of all ages. These pups do well with other dogs and pets, especially when raised together.
Learn more about the Golden Retriever Lab mix.
Chihuahua Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Chihuahua
- Golden Retriever Chihuahua mixes are the best, the gentle, obedient nature of the Golden Retriever and the sass and spunk of a Chihuahua. The “Golden Chi,” is fairly rare. It’s considered a designer breed and is much rarer than other designer dogs.
- One behavioral concern is if you have children or other animals in the family. The Chihuahua’s personality can be overprotective and irritated at times, experts say they aren’t a good match for children under eight. But because of the addition of the Golden Retriever personality, they can make for a more easygoing, mellow attitude.
Great Dane Golden Retriever Mix = Great Golden Dane
- The Great Golden Dane is a large, intelligent, and loyal animal, a cross between two extremely popular breeds of dog, the Great Dane and the Golden Retriever makes this breed large and in charge.
- This mixed breed is very adaptable both to pets and people. They can be over enthusiastic during their playtime, but when they are young, and interactions between an immature Great Golden and very young children there could be a few bumps and bruises because of their size.
- Although there are exceptions, they look intimidating enough to be a guard dog because of their size, but they are generally too nice to naturally exhibit protective behaviors.
Chow Chow Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Chow
- The history of the Chow Chow Golden Retriever mix is fuzzy, and it’s unclear when the trend to breed these two dogs together started according to records. They have only been bred in the last 20 years as part of a growing trend to cross breed different purebred dogs to create designer dog. It is generally considered a “designer” dog because it is a mix of two good looking dogs.
- The Chow Chow has been bred by the Chinese for more than 2,000 years as an all-around working animal. They served as farm animals, temple guards, and even army dogs. Because they are big, and these dogs love working.
Border Collie Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Collie
- Golden Border Collies can have the traits of either parent dog, which gives them high intelligence, high energy, strong bonds with their families and other pets, and sweet dispositions.
- The Golden Retriever Border Collie mix needs weekly brushing and ear cleaning to avoid ear infections. They tend to shed a lot so this weekly brushing will help keep your house from growing a coat of dog fur. Too much bathing is not recommended because it could dry their skin out.Bathe when there is visible dirt or after swimming.
- These dogs are friendly, loyal and have sweet dispositions. They are good with children and other pets. If your lives are busy, then the dog would have more than 6 hours of alone time and may not be for you. They are eager to please and will greet you happily when you return home. They require a lot of attention and this breed, nor is this mix a great guard dog.
Learn more about the Border Collie Golden Retriever mix.
Australian Shepherd Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Australian Shepherd
- Australian Retriever needs to have a perfect nutrition by routine meals that can supply the standard amount of energy that they need, especially when they are puppies Do not ever compromise on the food quality. We are not saying to buy branded foods but they need a quality food. These dogs have a lot of energy, so you need provide them with a high protein diet. Look out for foods that are specially meant for the dogs of its size and energy level because they really need it. Finally, you can always consult your vet for any advice for the safety and satisfaction of your pet.
- Little or not enough exercise is a destructive behavior or psychological dangerous for these high-energy dogs. They love to run and play, and often compel their owners with whining
- Large Australian Retrievers need a strong-willed master who can handle them and to let them know who the real leader is. The Australian Retriever dogs does not need repetitions of commands to obey specific instructions. Do not be rude or angry with them when giving instructions or command. A positive training technique will always work better because they are very sensitive dogs. Be compassionate while training, and being appreciative to their skills whenever they pick up a trick successfully.
- You would be surprised to see how your Golden Aussie grows up as an object of envy to other dog owners just because you know the simple technique to train them.
Learn more about the Australian Shepherd Golden Retriever mix.
Dachshund Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Dachshund
- There are actually lots of different names for this mix breed. When searching for info you can search for Golden Wiener dog or Golden Dox. Either term is fine, although Golden Dox is more common.
- There are fears over the health of the parents and the practices involved in creating the pups.
- Clearly, the most important issue on the minds of owners is the size of the dog. Golden retrievers are medium sized dogs with a good build. Dachshunds are tiny little hounds with long bodies and short legs. The hope here is for a small dog that isn’t as extreme in its proportions as the Dachshund, with some of the physical features of the Retriever. There are many short Golden Doxie dogs with longer bodies and the ears and color of the Golden.
- This is a great family dog in a small package, but only when trained properly.
Learn more about the Dachshund Golden Retriever mix.
Pug Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Pug
- This mix is a very intelligent, devoted and loyal companion. Both of these dogs are very friendly and loving dogs. There will be a unique offset of the two energy levels. Expect your pup to be calm, intelligent, confident and eager to please. While friendly a Golden Pug is wary of strangers and alert making a good watchdog but due to their small size, a poor guard dog. Golden Pugs get along well with everyone and is quite a well mannered dog! They loves to have fun and play and will need some outdoor space to do this in.
- This will probably be a more than moderate shedder with the Pug offsetting some of the more aggressive shedding from the Retriever. Get ready to invest in a good vacuum and get ready to keep your floors clean. Give them baths as needed, but not so much that you dry out their skin.
- Overfeeding any dog is not a good idea as that can really exacerbate health problems such as elbow and hip dysplasia. A good diet to look into is Raw Food Diet. A raw food diet will be especially good for the Retriever background.
Cocker Spaniel Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Cocker Spaniel
- Golden Cocker Retrievers will inevitably vary in size and general appearance. This is the tradeoff that comes with mixing breeds. I, for one, think it would be cool not to know what my puppy would look like fully grown! Others may prefer a more predictable outcome.
- The temperament of your Golden Retriever Cocker Spaniel mix may differ slightly from his parent breeds and you can never be 100% certain how any puppy will turn out. If you choose a Golden Cocker Retriever with one or both parents from working/hunting lines, be prepared for a high energy dog.
- Both of these parent breeds belong to the sporting dog group, and are friendly, active dogs that are a pleasure to train. There are several different types of Cocker Spaniel, and two distinct pedigree breeds.
St. Bernard Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Bernard
- The friendly, intelligent, and loyal Golden Saint dog is a large-sized cross between two purebreds – the Saint Bernard and Golden Retriever. It is characterized by a strong, muscular body with a broad skull, slightly tapering muzzle, black nose with wide nostrils, dark almond-shaped eyes, medium-sized dropping ears, and a large, thick tail.
- Since the Golden Retriever St Bernard mix is not a small breed, it needs a moderate amount of regular exercise. Take your pup on daily walks and short playing sessions in the yard to satisfy its exercise requirements.
- A Golden Saint needs 4.5-6 cups of quality dry dog food on a daily basis.
American Bulldog Golden Retriever Mix = Golden American Bulldog
- The Golden Retriever Bulldog mix (often called the Golden Bulldog for short) is an appealing dog that combines cute looks and a sweet personality—not a surprise given the parent breeds!
- The Bulldog Retriever mix is what’s known as a designer mixed breed dog. In the case of the Golden Retriever Bulldog mix, there can be significant health problems on the Bulldog side which could play an important role in the health of the cross.
- Generally, the Golden Retriever Bulldog mix is a medium sized dog that falls within the Golden and Bulldog weight ranges. Many Golden Retriever Bulldog mixes will have somewhat wrinkly skin on the body and face. Remember that skin wrinkles need to be kept clean and dry.
Shar Pei Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Shar Pei
- The Golden Pei is one of many new designer dogs being created in the last twenty years or so.
- He is a good watchdog and will bark to alert you of a stranger entering the home, but otherwise his barking is rare. He will need 2 1/2 to 3 cups of a high quality dry dog food each day, split into two meals at least. He is better in colder climates than he is in warm ones, he is not good in extreme heat.
- A puppy averages at $375 to $800 at the moment according to our searches. But your location, how popular it might become, its health, where you buy from are all going to impact prices so these numbers are just guidelines.
Akita Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Akita
- Golden Akitas usually resemble the Akita in appearance and are taller than the Golden Retriever. The ears of the Akita is dominating the breed more.
- The Golden Akita is not a hypoallergenic dog and sheds considerably no matter which parent the hybrid resembles. Bi-weekly grooming will help remove dead and loose hair and keep your Golden Akita’s coat healthy.
- The Golden Akita is a hybrid of two breeds with high energy. Your Golden Akita will need plenty of exercise and relatively high intensity.
Blue Heeler Golden Retriever Mix = Blue Retriever
- The Blue Heeler Golden Retriever mix is friendly dog that is extremely intelligent. If they are properly socialized, they should be good with the family and other pets.
- This is an intelligent dog that should be easy to train. The best thing you can do is cut the sessions into shorter daily sessions to keep their attention span higher. Make sure to praise her when she does well. With a proper training and attention this dog will definitely one of your favorite.
- This dog is going to have a higher than average shedding amount as the Golden is a heavy shedder but the Blue Heeler isn’t really shedder at all. Be sure to buy in a good vacuum to keep your floors clean. Give them baths as needed, but not so much that you dry out their skin.
English Bulldog Golden Retriever Mix = Golden English Bulldog
- Originally bred in Scotland, the breed’s winning attributes quickly made it a favorite family pet.
- Your Golden Bulldog will require regular exercise. The Golden Retriever is more active than the Bulldog, but the mix will need daily moderate exercise, especially if it inherits the Bulldog’s tendency to gain weight, it is a must to exercise.
- Bulldog inbreeding has led to health issues so that many dog experts warn that the breed doesn’t live long.
Great Pyrenees Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Great Pyrenees
- The Great Pyrenees Golden Retriever also known as Golden Pyrenees takes a lot of its personality from the Golden Retriever, a breed that is known for its gentleness, loving nature and great companion.
- This breed of dog is known as a “giant,” which also means they have a giant appetite. Four to five cups of daily dry kibble are best in order to keep this big dog’s health and teeth in good shape. Feed them with high-quality dog food keeping a balance of the nutrients and vitamins to make sure they will live longer.
- The Golden Pyrenees also referred to as the Great Pytreiver, is the result of cross-breeding the Golden Retriever and the Great Pyrenees, two of the large dogs of its kind.
Learn more about the Great Pyrenees Golden Retriever.
Rhodesian Ridgeback Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Rhodesian Ridgeback
- This mix will definitely more than likely to have a high energy level but don’t push them too hard as the Rhodesian Ridgeback will not need as much exercise as the Golden Retriever does.
- This mix is a very intelligent, devoted and loyal companion. Both of these dogs are very friendly and loving dogs. That is the reason why this mix breed is a great match for those who loves companion.
- Breeding specific dogs like this has become common in the last twenty years or so. Even though this mixed breed is from accidental breeding of the dogs sharing shelters.
Bernese Mountain Dog Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Bernese Mountain Dog
- As for the Bernese Mountain Dog Retriever Mix, puppies of this mix will likely have the defined, straight muzzle and intelligent gaze known for both breeds.
- Mountain Golden Retrievers do well on high-quality dog food, but be careful not to overfeed them just like any other dogs to prevent unusual things to happen.
- Therefore, a Bernese Mountain Dog Retriever Mix will most likely to require a high amount of exercise. A long daily walk along with some opportunities to up the numbers, such as joining you on a jog or playing fetch, is perfect not just for you but also for your pet. This is great dog for an owner who loves to do outdoor activities.
Learn more about the Bernese Mountain Dog Golden Retriever mix.
Pitbull Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Pitbull
- It is not common but it is worth paying for a healthy well bred dog that you can raise in a good home. Don’t let any risk of high a Pitbull Golden Retriever mix cost put you off.
- There are breeders who charges too much for a special line or rare trait of the dog. Uncommon fur colors may cost more, especially if they suddenly become desirable for the dogs fur changes when they grew up.
- There is a high chance that this dog won’t fit all homes, or new owners misunderstand their personality. This will lead to some dogs that are abandoned and in need of a second chance to find the right owner.
Learn more about the Pitbull Golden Retriever mix.
Catahoula Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Catahoula
- The appearance of your pet Golden Catahoula could be very different depending on whether the Catahoula or the Golden traits dominate, but you can expect a good-sized animal because of the parent dos are in good size.
- The breeding between Catahoula Leopard Dog and Golden Retriever is not usually done intentionally to preserve the unique features of the Catahoula. However, accidents do happen, and you may find this mix in a rescue because of the unknown decisions of the owner.
- This mix will almost certainly be an animal that thrives on outdoor activities with an energetic owner. This is the right pet for the owner who loves outdoor activities.
Shih Tzu Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Shih Tzu
- The Golden Retriever and Shih Tzu mix breed is one of the designer dogs that is unique and very special. It is also called “Shretriever”. If you become the owner of this beautiful breed, you will have an alert, loyal pet. You will rarely see it, as breeders do not often cross dogs of different sizes and character.
- Every dog breed has a purpose and it is not a secret to everyone. Some dogs are good at hunting; others are perfect for being “a family dog”.
- As any other breed dog, the Golden Retriever Shih Tzu mix needs a specific diet with high-quality food. And because parent dogs are in different size you are going to be surprised which traits will dominate.
Doberman Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Doberman
- This Doberman and Golden Retriever mix is a very intelligent, devoted and loyal companion. Because both of these dogs are very friendly and loving dogs. This will make a surely better than parents breed because of mixing it.
- If the Doberman shines through it won’t be as aggressive a shedder because it doesn’t shed that much. But If the Golden Retriever traits occur be ready to buy a vacuum to keep your home clean.
- If you are a lazy or don’t like to be active this isn’t the breed for you. She is calm, intelligent, confident and eager to please. They also needs exercise and walks as a routine.
Newfoundland Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Newfoundland
- The Golden Newfie is a great family pooch that comes from crossing two sweet-natured large-breed dogs; the hard-working and keen-to-please Newfoundland and the famously gentle and easygoing Golden Retriever.
- The Golden Newfie will not do well when left on his own for longer periods of time because they can suffer from separation anxiety that includes destructive behaviors such as barking, chewing, clawing at doors and urinating / defecating in the house.
- To make sure your Golden Newfie enjoys a long, healthy life ensure he receives plenty of exercise, a top-quality food and regular preventative maintenance check-ups with your vet. With this utmost level of care, you can expect this large breed dog to be a part of your family for between the range of 8 and 12 years.
Husky Golden Retriever Mix = Goldsky
- Husky Golden Retriever Mix is a combination of two lovable breeds and often referred as Goberian but mostly known as Goldsky. This breed is a loving family dog and lots of energy. It is fun to be around because of its personality.
- This mix breed is guaranteed to have a lot of fur due that both parents has a lot of fur. The color will range from white to gold to brown to black, and everything in between. The mix will also have a larger snout and dark black nose. Physical appearance will depends on which breed will dominate them.
- In order to keep their fur looking good, regular brushings are recommended. You will also need to invest in a good vacuum to keep your house tidy. Also, to keep your Golden Retriever Husky mix looking good and in good health, a solid grooming regime is needed. This includes regular baths and brushings, cleaning their ears, trimming their nails and brushing their teeth. Making it as a habit will make it more easier.
Learn more about the Husky Golden Retriever mix.
Rottweiler Golden Retriever Mix = Golden Rott
- The Golden Rottweiler is a mix of two truly iconic dog breeds, newer mix or “designer” dog that is what it is called. The “Golden Rott,” is also one of the more interesting of the new mix dogs because of the unique mix of puppies could inherit from either parent dog. You will get excited what will traits will dominate the pup.
- The Golden Rottweiler is quite likely to excel in hunting, service and therapy dog work, obedience training, search and rescue, and in the show ring. There will be less probability in whether your puppy will grow up to be a great guard dog or the social coordinator for you because it will depends on how you will train them.
- There is no doubt that the Golden Rottweiler comes from great stock because both parent dogs are consistent favorite picks for pet dogs in America. However, because your Golden Rottweiler is likely to be a large, because both parents are large, powerful dog that may inherit strong guarding tendencies. This is probably not the ideal pet dog to pick if you have young children or other vulnerable family pets because it will cause trouble for them due to high energy of the breed.
Golden Retriever Mix Food Requirements
Pick dog food according to the size of your Golden Retriever cross. Learning the difference between the best dry dog food for small dogs and the best large breed dry dog food is crucial for any dog owner.
Make sure that your pooch, young or old, stays healthy at all times. These best puppy food brands will provide the right amount for nutrients for whelps, but the best senior dry dog food is better suited for older, wiser pups.
In any case, stay away from the worst dry dog food, and choose some of the best dry dog food, for example, Wellness Core Dog Food or Dog For Dog Food.
Any nutritional imbalance can be fixed. If it comes to that, introducing Nutra Thrive dog food supplement may be a wise choice. Of course, this should be done only in consultation with the vet.
Learn more about the Rottweiler Golden Retriever mix.