44 Whippet Mix Breeds Types That Are Timeless
Mixing two different purebred dogs is very popular with people right now. Whippets that are mixed with a specific pure breed of dogs are attracting dog lovers everywhere. Here is an exciting list that can help you find the perfect whippet mix breed that will marvel at you.
Table of Contents
Boxer Whippet Mix = Whipper
- Boxer’s are one of the cutest dogs and mixing it with other kinds of dogs would make an attractive offspring. From a hybrid of one purebred Boxer and one purebred Whippet parents, Whippet is intelligent and stocky. The puppies are called — amazingly — Boxer Whippet puppies.
- As quiet and docile animals, they, typically, can be seen staying on the couch all day long. But, Boxer Whippet mix has a split personality. It requires a daily exercise and loves to chase things and run around the yard.
- Coat care for Boxer Whippet mixes is minimal as it only needs a brush once a week. Their ears tend to stay clean and dry on their own. A warm, soft bed is necessary for them.
- A mix between Boxer and a Whippet isn’t all the common; however, you may sometimes encounter this hybrid in a rescue shelter.
Husky Whippet Mix = Hippet
- Hyper and doesn’t want to be alone, a Husky bred with Whippet dog loves going for rides, especially on snow. They are, typically, lightweight, fast with great endurance.
- The eyes of Husky dogs are lovely. If you breed Husky with Whippet, there’s a chance to produce a breed with exciting features. You can have a type that has one blue eye with a little brown, and the other eye is brown with a bit of blue. Hippet’s long legs look amazing.
- Like a gentle giant, Hippet is not a picky eater and does not snatch food. You will not see any signs of food aggression with this kind of pet. On the other hand, in some cases, they don’t go well with small animals or cats.
- This hybrid dog can considerably get along with your children. Having a fenced garden is ideal for them.
Corgi Whippet Mix = Whipgi
- Every Corgi mix exudes an attractive appearance, and there are four sources where to obtain them:
- Expert Breeders
- Dog Stores
- Pet Adoption Group
- Backyard Breeders
2. What makes Whipgi distinct is it’s one of the smartest athletic dogs. They have a loyal temperament and can get along with everyone. You will enjoy playing with them. Whippets tend to need a medium to high level of exercise.
3. Since Corgi dogs require an average level of activity, you won’t have a hard time maintaining the health for corgi whippet mix.
4. The energy level of Whipgi is average, and it requires 20-40 minutes of exercise daily.
Poodle Whippet Mix = Poowhip
- Imagine having a dog with funky haircuts that looks like a small greyhound, once loved by most Pharaohs in Ancient Egyptian times. It would be attractive to many. You would need a medium to fine-toothed comb slicker brush, cotton ball and nail clipper to groom a Poowhip well.
- Poodle originated from Germany while Whippet was initially from England. The lifespan of Whippet is more considerable compared with Poodle, so expect that Poowhip can live up to 15 years.
- The poodle mixed with Whippet produces a very high energy dog with a very high prey drive. They can be a good swimmer with extreme intelligence. With this breed, expect a pet with a weight of between 15 to70 lbs.
- These hybrid dogs may be prone to hip and elbow dysplasia so supplementing them with chondroitin, glucosamine and fish oil can prevent health issues.
German Shepherd Whippet Mix = German Whippet
- German Shepherd Whippet loves to dig holes and run too far. To avoid them being hit by a vehicle, a fenced backyard or garden is necessary for this type of dog because some of them can leap quite high as sighthound genes can’t resist the urge to chase.
- German-Whippet hybrid can be a little stubborn but are quick learners. You’ll have fun enjoying playing soccer, tennis, and Frisbees with an energetic mix of Whippet and German Shepherd dog.
- Ideal weight for German Whippet is 45 lbs with lean muscles. Looking like a Whippet with German Shepherd markings, It eats well, but most of the time, you would see food left on its bowl when you get to feed it next. When enticed with food, it can run as far as a couple of miles without getting tired.
- Whippet is the Ferrari of the dog world but is known to be a laid back type of dog. On the other hand, German Shepherd needs to keep them busy and loves to learn. German Shephard bred with Whippet is the kind of dog that will make you say, “I want one” as this mix will give you a lively type of pet. German Whippets can sometimes be aloof and suspicious of strangers.
Beagle Whippet Mix = Whipple
- Beagle, ranked as the fifth of the most popular dog breed in American Kennel Club, is best for hunters and is suitable for families as they are social dogs. The Beagle bred with Whippet dog is a newer type of hybrid dog.
- The Beagle sheds moderately while the Whippet sheds very little so a Beagle Whippet mix won’t be a threat for those people who have pet allergies plus, it’s easy to groom. With this breed, there is a DNA mutation known as myostatin wherein the change builds an extra-enhanced set of muscles.
- Expect Whipple dogs with height ranging from 13 to 22 inches tall.
- If you desire to have a distinct set of traits in your Whipple, seek out expert dog breeders specializing in f1b puppies. They usually breed two Whippet Beagle mix dogs.
Bull Mastiff Whippet Mix = Bull Whippet
- Training Bull Mastiff bred with Whippet dog is a challenge. Despite its parent—Whippet—born as a hunter and athletic dog, seldom do Bull Whippets are included in agility competition because they can be big boned dogs, but they can possess both speed and strength. It might not defeat a greyhound in a race, but it can be the best buddy for hiking.
- They can spend some time in a fenced yard, but they mainly live in the house.
- The amount of shedding is less likely, so maintenance is considerable. A mix of Bull Mastiff and Whippet dog requires regular bathing.
- They are known as Great Danes. If you’re a neatnik, breeding a Bull Mastiff and a Whippet dog may not be your type because it has a drooling potential but, Bull Whippets can be your firm and fearless family guardians.
Labrador Whippet Mix = Whipprador
- Whippador has an attractive appearance. When Lab dominates, the offspring may possess these colors: black, yellow or chocolate. On the other hand, if the young hybrid resembles a Whippet, the distinctive colors would be blue, blue brindle, black, cream, red, red brindle, fawn, white, or color of black, blue, fawn or red combined with white.
- With a life expectancy of 10-12 years, you can have a slightly heavy Whippet by crossing a purebred Whippet with a purebred Labrador retriever. A Whippet pursues its prey by using its eyes more than its nose so mixing it with a Labrador dog can produce another hunting marvel.
- The smooth coat of a Whippet sheds occasionally. With a Labrador Whippet Mix, expect a double-coat that sheds heavily during peak shedding season so proper grooming is necessary.
- The price of Whippador from pet stores is considerable because it’s not a very popular Lab mix.
Chihuahua Whippet Mix = Chihuapet
- The cutest hybrid ever, Chihuapet is like a gazelle in motion. Reserve your energy for this dog because it’s too small to hunt but moves quickly.
- For this breed, the coat color combinations rely on genetics. Your chances include cream, chocolate, and gold. Chihuahua Whippet mix is like a miniature greyhound with erect ears.
- A Chihuahua bred with Whippet dog can live up to 16 years. All dogs can develop genetic health conditions. Extra care is essential for this hybrid as it’s prone to eye disease, arrhythmia, patellar luxation, idiopathic epilepsy, patent ductus arteriosus, and mitral valve disease.
- A Chihuahua Whippet mix is one of the gentlest designer dogs that you could own suitable for your teen children.
Border Collie Whippet Mix = Border Collpet
- Border Collpet is the result of mixing one purebred Border Collie dog and one purebred Whippet dog.
- A Border Collie bred with Whippet dog can withstand harsh weather conditions. They need protein in rich ratios to be healthy.
- Border Collie’s height is no different from that of Whippet’s that reaches up to 22 inches at the shoulder except that it lives longer. A mix of Whippet and Border Collie dog can reach up to seventeen years.
- With its intense stare, Border Collpet can be a premier herding dog with agility. It is capable of running up to twenty miles without getting tired.
Australian Shepherd Whippet Mix = Australian Whippet
- In the 1840s, the Australian Shepherd dogs originated in the western U.S. A new mix started to become popular when breeders began hybridizing Whippet with Australian Shepherd dogs. The new name is called Australian Whippet.
- Because Australian Shepherd dogs were bred to herd livestock, a Whippet dog mix-bred with an Australian Shepherd dog has high intelligence and energy.
- Australian Shepherd Whippet mix can be channeled into dog sports and any activities you wish.
- Also called as Miniature Ausseippet, Australian Whippets are a versatile, loving and friendly dog and a perfect addition for your family.
- You’ll need a pin brush, flea comb, deshedder, and nail clipper to groom this kind of pet properly. Brushing frequency is weekly.
Dachshund Whippet Mix = Whipphund
- Whipphund is the version of a downsized but fast hound. Its height can range from 5 to 21 inches tall.
- Suitable for children, A Dachshund dog mix-bred with Whippet dog can bring a fantastic watchdog ability. It does not like strangers, but it’s a peaceful, affectionate, and intelligent pet.
- Dachshund Whippet mix may not be perfectly obedient but, with the right approach, it can learn tricks and follow some activities. It requires a lot of exercises.
- Being prone to skin problems and stomach upset, its life expectancy is 12 to 15 years. Take note that Whipphunds are very sensitive to anesthesia.
Pug Whippet Mix = Pippet
- Pugs are regarded as the clowns of the dog world because they love to show off. Pippet has a great sense of humor, being the offspring of one purebred Pug and one purebred Whippet.
- Being affectionate with family members, Pug Whippet mix does not want to be alone. It’s great for human companionship and thrives well in an apartment setting.
- If you are looking for a Pug hybridized with a Whippet, expect that the Pippet’s height would be from 10 to 21 inches tall. Some of them have a double coat so expect coat shedding.
- Pug Whippet mix has the potential to gain much weight. Some activities may help this hybrid as they are very playful most of the time.
Cocker Spaniel Whippet Mix = Cocker Spannet
- Cocker Spannet is the offspring of two purebred dogs—a Cocker Spaniel dog and a Whippet dog. It can weigh between 20 to 40 pounds.
- Cocker Spaniel Whippet mix is one of the small dogs in the Sporting Group as both of its parents are known to be athletic.
- A hybrid of Cocker Spaniel and Whippet may exhibit submissive urination as it can be a bit nervous sometimes.
- Cocker Spannet dog requires labor-intensive to groom, but it will be your family’s beloved dog companion because it loves to be cuddled, especially when you are on a couch.
American Bulldog Whippet Mix = American Whippet
- Having a beautiful and dense coat, an American Bulldog Whippet mix can have a white, black, brown or red color. But, some may have a combination of these colors.
- American Whippet sheds moderately, but regular grooming is necessary.
- Despite the aggression heritage from its Bulldog parent, American Bulldog mix-bred with a Whippet displays cheerfulness and independence.
- Weighing between 20 to 55 pounds, having a pet with a mix of American Bulldog and Whippet may require you to reserve your energy because it can quickly get bored if it doesn’t get enough exercise. They also tend to be destructive.
Shar Pei Whippet Mix = Shar Peippet
- Shar Pei dogs with remarkable deep wrinkles on their head originated from Canton, China, are second from the most compatible to breed with Whippet dogs.
- When you hybridize a Whippet dog with a Shar Pei dog, the Shar Peippet may inherit the small, triangle ears from their parent — Shar Pei. Its coat is a bit rough to the touch.
- Shar Pei Whippet mix, known as an independent and reserved hybrid, requires early socialization with children, strangers, and other animals as they are suspicious kind of pet.
- Shar Pei mix-bred with Whippet belongs to one of the quietest dog hybrids.
Blue Heeler Whippet Mix = Blue Whippet
- Blue Whippet is the result of hybridizing one purebred Blue Heeler dog and one Whippet purebred dog.
- With a weight of 20 to 45 pounds and height of 18 to 20 inches tall, Blue Whippet is a sturdy and compact hybrid dog. Blue Heeler-Whippet hybrid dogs are favored by dog enthusiasts to be a hard-working pet.
- You won’t get bored with this kind of hybrid dogs as Blue Heelers Whippets are active dogs and will encourage you to take them outside for exercise and play. They also need lots of room to run.
- It is advisable to provide a toy for the young Blue Heeler mix-bred with Whippet to help on the urge to nip. They are easy to train to become an obedient adult dog.
English Bulldog Whippet Mix = English Whippet
- If you want an easygoing pet, owning a mix of an English Bulldog and a Whippet dog is ideal.
- English Whippet belongs to the most dignified and courageous hybrid dogs. It’s one of the most friendly of all mix breeds. Most of them can positively react to strangers and seldom bark.
- This mix-breed doesn’t require too much of exercise but, a walk in cold weather is the preferred workout for English Bulldog Whippet mix to stay fit.
- Take note that English Whippet is known for snorting, wheezing, snuffling, and loud snoring. But, you’ll love this pet because maintaining its coat is easy breezy.
Golden Retriever Whippet Mix = Golden Whiptriever
- Golden Whiptriever is an enthusiastic pet that belongs to Sporting Dogs that has a lifespan of between 10 and 15 years. Its competitive obedience and agility will marvel you.
- Weighing from 20 to 75 pounds, a Golden Retriever Whippet mix is a loyal and highly intelligent hybrid dog. It can be good at sniffing out drugs.
- A Golden Retriever-Whippet hybrid dog requires a lot of exercise by jogging or walking to remain healthy. It will also be delighted if you let it run at the beach.
- As a family dog, the Golden Retriever Whippet mix might bark at strangers, but it’s not an ideal watchdog. Most of the time, it will wag its tall and flash a smile at new people who come around.
Pitbull Whippet Mix = Pitwhip
- With perseverance to train, you’ll be amazed that Pitwhip can dribble and shoot a soccer ball. It has a height from 17 to 21 inches tall.
- When you mix one purebred Pitbull and one purebred Whippet the offspring is called Pitwhip. It’s proper to seek your veterinary when you own this kind of dog as it’s prone to allergies, hypothyroidism, hip dysplasia, and heart disease.
- A mix of Pitbull and Whippet dog is not ideal for those pet owners who can give little or no attention because this hybrid requires your patience to train it to help it become a friendly pet.
- Take note that Pitwhip tends to be aggressive, especially to strangers. Be careful with its temperament to prevent unexpected dog attack. It belongs to the bully hybrid dogs.
French Bulldog Whippet Mix = French Whippet
- If you want a cute little domestic dog, the French Whippet is one of the most patient and playful hybrid dogs.
- Being the offspring of one purebred French Bulldog and one purebred Whippet dog, it can weigh as 16 to 40 pounds with a height of 11 to 21 inches tall. The life expectancy for this kind of dog is between 9 and 15 years.
- French Bulldog Whippet can quickly adapt to various types of setting. Because of its appealing features, most celebrities have them as pets.
- They are so easy to maintain. You won’t worry with this pet when your friends come around as French Bulldog-Whippet hybrid dog is friendly to strangers.
Catahoula Whippet Mix = Whippoula
- Catahoula is the only breed of dog which is said to originate in the state of Louisiana. According to breed experts, Catahoula-Whippet hybrid dog needs firm guidance to train it to become a friendly dog at an early age because it tends to become territorial and protective.
- Because Catahoula dog is a heavy kind of dog, expect that your Whippoula can weight ranging from 50-95 pounds.
- Grooming for Catahoula Whippet mix is easy as it’s a short-coated dog. Most of them have a pattern on their coat.
- Whippoula is an independent dog when adult.
Doberman Whippet Mix = Whipperman
- This is a fantastic hybrid of one purebred Doberman and one purebred Whippet dog. Most Whipperman can develop a long muzzle. The tail can be reasonably long.
- With its graceful movement, a Doberman mix-bred with a Whippet can sometimes become stubborn but you can easily train them, and they learn quickly.
- Doberman Whippet can be your excellent guard dog and a loyal pet companion. Take note that it can sometimes become ferocious and aggressive but, they are devoted to their owners.
- A hybrid of Doberman and a Whippet belongs to the most intelligent dog hybrids according to some studies.
Jack Russel Whippet Mix = Jack Rusppet
- Jack Russel Whippet mix came from two athletic, varied purebred dogs— Jack Russel and Whippet. It can reach from 10 to 21 inches in height with 13 to 40 pounds of weight.
- Because Jack Russel Whippet hybrid is determined by nature, most dog owners use them for hunting. They exhibit a fantastic speed when running, especially if the Jack Russel parent’s genes dominate in the offspring.
- If you have a backyard, expect to the Jack Rusppet to dig often. Take note that you must have a secured fence to take care of them as they love running and going outside.
- Interestingly, a mix of Jack Russel and Whippet loves to jump up on people and things. They are bouncy with the ability to jump as high as five feet.
Basenji Whippet Mix = Basenppet
- Basenppet is a smart and endearing pet as a result of hybridizing a Basenji dog (found initially in Congo/Africa) and a Whippet dog (a sighthound breed that’s initially recognized in England).
- This type of hybrid can be acquired from these sources:
- Professional Breeders
- Pet Stores
- Backyard Breeders
- Pet Adoption Group
3. Having a small and muscular body, a Basenji mix-bred with a Whippet dog is known as the “the barkless hybrid.”
4. Expect from Basenji-Whippet hybrid the willingness to please people because it’s highly intelligent. These cute pets can adapt well in an apartment setting.
Rat Terrier Whippet Mix = Rat Whippet
- Rat Whippet is a designer dog from two different purebred parents — one Rat Terrier dog and one Whippet dog. Though the average life expectancy is 12 years, Rat Terrier Whippet mix can live up to 18 years.
- Rat Whippet is another miniature version of a Whippet dog. Its height starts at 10 inches, but some can reach up to 21 inches tall.
- Consult your veterinary for a proper diet as Rat Terrier-Whippet hybrid is prone to skin problems and stomach upset.
- A Rat Whippet is suitable for children and can quickly get along with other breeds of dogs.
Whippet Pointer Mix = Whippoint
- Whippoint is a versatile field dog. Being energetic and fun-loving, this dog can be a suitable family member.
- A mix of Whippet dog and a Pointer dog can have a long head with finely pointed tail.
- Interestingly, a Whippet mix-bred with a Pointer dog is the best companion of hunters because it usually stands still upon finding the target and it raises one foot off the ground that helps its owner detect the right spot where the goal is.
- This hybrid requires a lot of vigorous exercises every day. A minimum of one hour of work out is necessary for a Whippet Pointer mix to stay fit and healthy.
Brindle Whippet Mix = Brindleppet
- Most dogs may only have one color. When you hybridize one Brindle dog and one purebred Whippet dog, the result will be a gorgeous pet. A Bridleppet has a coloring pattern on its coat, usually a tricolor coat, that resembles a tiger’s fur.
- With a balance of muscularity and neatness, Brindle Whippet mix loves chasing moving objects. It has a long face, slender body, long legs, and a broad chest. Most of them have upright ears turned over at the tip.
- As long as they receive enough exercise, its temperament is in control and can be a perfect house pet. A mix of Brindle and Whippet can run at a speed of 35 mph.
- Take note that these hybrid dogs are prone to demodicosis, canine pattern baldness, and deterioration of the vitreous gel and retina in the eye.
Whippet Mix Food Requirements
Your Whippet mix will surely be a surprise in disguise! Depending on their other parent, they can range from miniature doggos to giants. We’ve got intel on the best dry dog food for small dogs and the best large breed dry dog food, so take your pick!
Whatever your goggie’s size, you’ll want to make them as happy, healthy, and lively as possible. So, provide them with top-notch nutrition by avoiding the worst dry dog food, and pouring only the best dry dog food in their bowl. For example, try out Wellness Core Dog Food or Dog For Dog Food, in combination with the Nutra Thrive dog food supplement, and see how they like it.
If your furry friend is still but a doggy baby, select a chow from our list of best puppy food brands. If they’re an experienced, worldly dog-grandpa, only give them the best senior dry dog food to keep those fragile teeth safe!
It should go without saying, but it is wise to ask your pup’s vet for advice on nutrition too.
- Stepien, R.l., et al. “Prevalence and Diagnostic Characteristics of Non-Clinical Mitral Regurgitation Murmurs in North American Whippets.” Journal of Veterinary Cardiology, vol. 19, no. 4, 2017, pp. 317–324., doi:10.1016/j.jvc.2017.04.004.
- Bengtson, Bo. The Whippet. Kennel Club Books, 2010.