44 Pitbull Mix Breeds With Photos
Table of Contents
- 0.1 Boxer Pitbull Mix = Bull Boxer
- 0.2 Husky Pitbull Mix = Pitsky
- 0.3 Corgi Pitbull Mix = Corgi Pit
- 0.4 German Shepherd Pitbull Mix = German Pitbull
- 0.5 Beagle Pitbull Mix = Beagle Pit
- 0.6 Bull Mastiff Pitbull Mix = Bull Pitbull
- 0.7 Labrador Pitbull Mix = Lab Pit
- 0.8 Chihuahua Pitbull Mix = Pithuahua
- 0.9 Chow Chow Pitbull Mix = Pitchow
- 0.10 Border Collie Pitbull Mix = Pit Collie
- 0.11 Australian Shepherd Pitbull Mix = Australian Pitbull
- 0.12 Dachshund Pitbull Mix = Bull Dach
- 1 Stay Ahead of Dog Food Recalls
- 1.1 Pug Pitbull Mix = Pugbull
- 1.2 Cocker Spaniel Pitbull Mix = Bull Spaniel
- 1.3 American Bulldog Pitbull Mix = American Pitbull
- 1.4 Cane Corso Pitbull Mix = Corso Bull
- 1.5 Shar Pei Pitbull Mix = Shar Pit
- 1.6 Akita Pitbull Mix = Pitkita
- 1.7 Blue Heeler Pitbull Mix = Blue Pitbull
- 1.8 English Bulldog Pitbull Mix = English Pitbull
- 1.9 Golden Retriever Pitbull Mix = Golden Pitbull
- 1.10 Great Pyrenees Pitbull Mix = Great Pyrebull
- 1.11 Rhodesian Ridgeback Pitbull Mix = Rhodesian Pitbull
- 1.12 French Bulldog Pitbull Mix = French Pitbull
- 1.13 Catahoula Pitbull Mix = Catabull
- 1.14 Shih Tzu Pitbull Mix = Pitzu
- 1.15 Doberman Pitbull Mix = Dober Pit
- 1.16 Newfoundland Pitbull Mix = Newfoundbull
- 1.17 References:
Boxer Pitbull Mix = Bull Boxer
- The Pitbull Boxer Mix is a cross between the Boxer and the Pitbull.
- The Boxer Pitbull dog is a large dog with a high energy level.
- You can expect them to run around the vicinity or getting your attention to play fetch.
- The Boxer Pitbull Mix dogs need little attention in the grooming department. They have a short and smooth coat which is often tidy on its own.
- The Pitbull Boxer Mix can be an excellent watchdog for your household. They become wary of suspicious people and actions.
Husky Pitbull Mix = Pitsky
- The adult Husky Pitbull Mix dog requires a daily food intake of at least three cups of high-quality food.
- You will need to divide the amount of food into two meals. You may adjust the amount based on the level of physical activity.
- The Pitbull Husky Mix dogs may be susceptible to allergies, heart diseases, and eye disorders.
- You may contact breed-specific shelters or professional breeders who can assist you with adopting a Husky Pitbull Mix pup.
Corgi Pitbull Mix = Corgi Pit
- The Corgi Pitbull Mix dogs have a unique body shape. It is taller than the Corgi but heavier.
- The additional weight of this mixed breed may put the dog at risk for joint problems like hip dysplasia.
- The Pitbull Corgi Mix has a short coat that you will need to brush at least once per week.
- The Corgi Pitbull Mix dogs inherited the eagerness to please and affectionate nature of their parent breeds.
German Shepherd Pitbull Mix = German Pitbull
- The history of the German Shepherd Pitbull Mix is unknown, but there is information about its parent breeds.
- The German Shepherd breed was created to become herding and service dogs in the European area. The Pitbull breed came from England, Scotland, and Ireland. They functioned as hunters.
- You need to be careful in engaging the Pitbull German Shepherd Mix dogs in physical activity due to health reasons.
- I encourage daily walks and off-leash exercises for this mixed breed.
- The German Shepherd Pitbull Mix pups are moderate shedders. You need to brush their coat for two to four times per week.
Beagle Pitbull Mix = Beagle Pit
- The Beagle Pitbull Mix pups tend to become voracious eaters. You should restrict fatty food and excess treats.
- A healthy diet will protect them against infection and other diseases.
- The Pitbull Beagle Mix dog lives up to 15 years. They can develop ear infections, elbow dysplasia, and allergies.
- You should do thorough research on the available and qualified breeders near you. Also, you can search for this pup in rescue shelters.
Bull Mastiff Pitbull Mix = Bull Pitbull
- The Bullmastiff Pitbull puppies are less popular than other Pitbull mix breeds.
- The Bullmastiff Pitbull Mix dogs are gentle and loving dogs. They love spending time outdoors with their owners.
- The Pitbull Bullmastiff Mix dogs have an intense protectiveness for their family members.
- You should give a bath to your dog when it is visibly dirty. You should provide a regular grooming regimen to keep the coat shiny and the skin moist.
- The Bullmastiff Pitbull Mix dogs have a moderate need for exercise. You should avoid overexertion.
Labrador Pitbull Mix = Lab Pit
- The Labrador breed originated in Canada as a trusted helper dog. The Pitbull breed hailed from England, Scotland, and Ireland as hunters.
- The Labrador Pitbull Mix dogs are friendly. They also want to chew things often.
- Early socialization is a vital step to ensure the safe interaction of your family and the Pitbull Labrador Mix.
- The amount of food will depend on the size, weight, age, and level of physical activity.
- You should remember to keep freshwater accessible for the pup at all times.
Chihuahua Pitbull Mix = Pithuahua
- The coat type of the mixed breed and other characteristics will depend heavily on the random process of combining of genes. The coat of the Chihuahua Pitbull Mix may be medium-length or longer.
- You should clip the dog’s nails regularly to avoid injuries to family members.
- The Pitbull Chihuahua Mix dog needs a lot of exercise. You may walk the dog to a dog park and let it have various encounters with different dogs.
- To find a reputable breeder of the Chihuahua Pitbull Mix, you may ask for referrals from a local veterinarian and breed club officers.
Chow Chow Pitbull Mix = Pitchow
- The Chow Chow Pitbull Mix has parent breeds with known aggressive tendencies and strong prey drive. You should supervise the dog’s interaction with small children and other animals.
- You should consider joining a training class to lessen the aggressiveness of the mixed breed.
- You need to keep in mind that nutrition will help your dog live its best life.
- You should give food with high nutritional value to the Pitbull Chow Chow Mix dog.
- The Chow Chow Pitbull Mix dog is more suitable for open-spaced living rather than an apartment. It needs about 30 minutes of exercise daily.
Border Collie Pitbull Mix = Pit Collie
- The Border Collie Pitbull Mix could have a normal lean body type. You can mix some bones in its food for chewing.
- You should consult a veterinarian when you see signs of malnutrition.
- The Pitbull Border Collie Mix dogs can have intense herding instincts and prey-oriented behaviors.
- The Pitbull Border Collie Mix dogs have a high level of intelligence. It is crucial to prevent boredom while caring for this mixed breed.
- The Border Collie Mix breed is healthy overall. You should try to avoid allergens that may cause allergies for the dog.
Australian Shepherd Pitbull Mix = Australian Pitbull
- The history of its parent breeds is more known than the mixed breed’s.
- The Pitbull breed worked for the people in England and Scotland. The Australian Shepherd breed, developed in the Western United States, worked as herders.
- You need to engage Pitbull Australian Shepherd Mix in various physical and mental activities. This way will tame the dog’s aggressiveness and avoid boredom.
- Food-dispensing toys are excellent stimulators for the mind.
- You could visit a rescue shelter to find this mixed breed. There are also reliable breeders with clean records of the parent breeds.
Dachshund Pitbull Mix = Bull Dach
- The Dachshund Pitbull Mix dogs like physical contact with human beings. They are not violent unless provoked.
- They enjoy spending time while playing. You may let them play with a softball or other chewing toys.
- You should be aware of the possible health problems you may encounter with the Pitbull Dachshund Mix. These dogs may have epilepsy, hypothyroidism, and eye disorders.
- The coat of the Dachshund Pitbull Mix dogs may be short or medium in length. You should brush the coat with a toothed comb to keep its shine and keep it healthy.
Pug Pitbull Mix = Pugbull
- The size of the Pug Pitbull Mix dog may range from 12 to 15 inches. Its body build is prone to develop patellar luxation and hip dysplasia.
- Other health concerns for the Pitbull Pug Mix include encephalitis, allergies, and eye problems.
- The Pug Pitbull Mix dogs have a moderate activity level. The exercise will keep the dog from doing destructive and mischievous behaviors.
- You could allow them to run around your fenced-in yard or take them out for a brisk walk.
- Two cups of high-quality dry food will contribute to the better health of the adult Pitbull Pug Mix dog.
Cocker Spaniel Pitbull Mix = Bull Spaniel
- There is little information available about the Cocker Spaniel Pitbull Mix. However, knowing the details about its parent breeds is helpful in predicting its characteristics.
- The Cocker Spaniel dogs came from Spain. There were groups of companion dogs and hunting dogs. They were adept in hunting woodcock.
- The Pitbull breed included working dogs in England.
- The Pitbull Cocker Spaniel dogs will lighten the house with its cheerful attitude and friendliness.
- The Cocker Spaniel Pitbull Mix dogs are fond of snuggling on the couch and playing with little kids.
- The Pitbull Cocker Spaniel Mix is a moderate shedder. You can use a pin brush to keep the coat moist and shiny.
American Bulldog Pitbull Mix = American Pitbull
- The American Bulldog Pitbull Mix dogs are highly intelligent. They can follow short commands promptly.
- Proper training is necessary for this mixed breed to avoid future conflicts with neighbors and other animals.
- You should also expose the Pitbull American Bulldog to different surroundings and people.
- The amount of food the dog needs will depend on the size, age, weight, and physical activity level of the American Bulldog Pitbull Mix.
- The Pitbull American Pitbull Mix dogs need little grooming. You can give them occasional baths to remove dirt and bad odor.
- You can book an appointment with a pet groomer if you don’t have time to work on grooming the dog.
Cane Corso Pitbull Mix = Corso Bull
- The Pitbull Cane Corso is an obscure breed, but there are pertinent details on its parent breeds that will help you decide.
- The Cane Corso Pitbull Mix dogs may look intimidating and possess some aggressive traits.
- The Cane Corso Pitbull Mix dog is healthier than the purebred parent breeds. They might be at risk for hypothyroidism, hip dysplasia, allergies, and heart diseases.
- You should look for responsible and reliable breeders for this mixed breed. They should have proof of health clearance.
Shar Pei Pitbull Mix = Shar Pit
- Getting hold of an accurate account of the history of the Shar Pei Pitbull Mix is hard to do. However, I can tell you about the historical data of its parent breeds.
- The Shar-Pei breed originated from southern China. They were reared as guardians and hunters. The Pitbull dogs were hunters for the people of Scotland, Ireland, and England.
- The Pitbull Shar-Pei Mix dogs are low to moderate shedders. You will need to brush their coats weekly to remove the scattered fur in your house.
- The Shar-Pei Mix dogs have a minimum requirement of one hour of exercise per day. The dog will enjoy playing catch, fly ball, and weight pulling activities.
Akita Pitbull Mix = Pitkita
- The Akita Pitbull Mix dog is eager to please and obedient. These traits contribute to the ease of training for this mixed breed.
- You should be aware that the Pitbull Akita Mix may develop progressive retinal atrophy, heart diseases, and hip dysplasia.
- The incidence of illnesses increases with advanced age.
- If you want to adopt or buy this mixed breed, be sure to contact reliable breeders or ask recommendations from your local veterinarian. Reliable sources of the Akita Pitbull Mix puppies will provide health clearance of the parent breeds.
Blue Heeler Pitbull Mix = Blue Pitbull
- The Blue Heeler Pitbull Mix is a playful breed and an excellent companion dog.
- They enjoy spending their energy while playing with their family. They can also become working dogs on farms.
- The Pitbull Blue Heeler Mix dogs have plenty of endurance and high levels of energy.
- The suggested activities for this mixed breed include running, playing catch, and walking.
- I recommend giving them food three times per day. The amount of food will depend on its weight and level of physical activity.
English Bulldog Pitbull Mix = English Pitbull
- The English Bulldog Pitbull Mix is a breed with strong and quite aggressive personalities.
- This mixed breed has a yearning to belong and to accompany someone. You should spend time together with this dog often.
- The health of the Pitbull English Bulldog Mix dogs may be an issue. They could develop hypothyroidism, hip dysplasia, and allergies.
- The English Bulldog Pitbull Mix may shed minimally to moderately. They will need a brushing of the coat for one or two times per week.
- You may give occasional baths for two or three times per month.
Golden Retriever Pitbull Mix = Golden Pitbull
- The Pitbull breed has been marked as an aggressive breed. Proper training could tame their aggressiveness. Another technique is crossing the Pitbulls with a breed that has a more amiable disposition such as the Golden Retrievers.
- The combination of the traits of the parent breeds makes it an excellent family and companion dog.
- The daily physical activity will protect the dog from several diseases. You should provide a healthy exercise regimen with your surroundings.
- The Pitbull Golden Retriever Mix dogs will have more manageable coats than the purebred Golden Retriever dogs. You should employ regular brushing for this Pitbull mix breed.
Great Pyrenees Pitbull Mix = Great Pyrebull
- The Pitbull Great Pyrenees Mix dogs are suitable watchdogs because they can be wary of suspicious actions and people.
- The Great Pyrenees Pitbull Mix dogs may be susceptible to develop cerebellar ataxia, hip dysplasia, and patellar luxation. You should be aware of the warning signs of these disorders to aid for early detection.
- You may subject the dog to chest x-rays, bone biopsy, and blood analysis to aid for diagnosis.
- The Pitbull Great Pyrenees Mix dogs have a double coat. You should comb and brush the coat every two days. This grooming step will prevent the formation of mats.
Rhodesian Ridgeback Pitbull Mix = Rhodesian Pitbull
- The Rhodesian Ridgeback Pitbull Mix is another rare Pitbull cross. I can share some information about the traits and characteristics of its parent breeds.
- The Rhodesian Ridgeback hailed from Africa. They were house guardians and excellent hunters.
- The Pitbull breed hailed from England, Scotland, and Ireland as hunters.
- The food requirement of the Pitbull Rhodesian Ridgeback may vary with age, size, and level of physical activity. You should be alert for signs and symptoms of malnutrition.
- Both of its parent breeds may put the offspring at risk for heart diseases, hypothyroidism, dermoid sinus, and elbow dysplasia.
French Bulldog Pitbull Mix = French Pitbull
- The French Bulldog Pitbull Mix can get along with small children and other small animals.
- Early socialization and training provide avenues for learning and cultivating discipline for this mixed breed.
- The Pitbull French Bulldog may have a fluctuating interest in physical activity. It has a moderate level of energy. You can engage the dog into leisure walking around the neighborhood.
- Adopting the Pitbull French Bulldog Mix can be done by looking into breed-specific rescue shelters or purchasing from reliable breeders near your area.
Catahoula Pitbull Mix = Catabull
- The Catahoula Pitbull Mix is a mixture of favorable traits to be a ranch and hunting dog. It has a moderate hunting drive.
- Both of its parent breeds have an innate loyalty and affection for the family members.
- The Pitbull Catahoula Mix dogs prefer to move and run around. They have a high energy level.
- You may opt to attend training. The Catahoula Pitbull Mix are receptive to positive reinforcement. They are intelligent and eager to please.
- The Pitbull Catahoula Mix dog has a short coat with low potential of shedding.
Shih Tzu Pitbull Mix = Pitzu
- The Shih Tzu Pitbull Mix is a rare Pitbull mix, but there is available information on its parent breeds.
- The Shih Tzu used to be a companion only in China. The name means ‘little lion.’ There are various theories on the origin of this breed.
- The Pitbull breed came from England, Scotland, and Ireland. They used to be workers for the people there.
- Both of the parent breeds are friendly to kids and other trustworthy strangers. Their socialization will improve as time passes.
- The Pitbull and Shih Tzu dogs have a high potential for mouthiness. They will nip and chew on things or people nearby. You will need to address the mouthiness by giving chew toys and playing catch with treats.
- You need to spend time with this dog to tame its possible aggressiveness.
Doberman Pitbull Mix = Dober Pit
- The mixed breed Doberman Pitbull Mix has hybrid vigor. The bigger gene pool will decrease the possibility of diseases.
- You can never be too cautious when it comes to monitoring possible health complications.
- The Pitbull Doberman Mix may develop cardiomyopathy, aortic stenosis, hip dysplasia, gastric torsion, and osteosarcoma.
- The grooming of this mixed breed is straightforward. You should brush the coat once a week. This brushing regimen will also help in fostering a stronger bond with your dog.
- Skin products for bathing should be approved by the veterinarian because some Pitbull may be allergic to certain bath products.
- The Doberman Pitbull Mix dogs have high energy levels. You should not keep them in a leash. You should help the dog become familiar with the neighborhood.
Newfoundland Pitbull Mix = Newfoundbull
- The Newfoundland Pitbull Mix is another rare breed. I will impart some information regarding its parent breeds.
- The Pitbull was known as a protective and strong breed. They were created in England. Some of the early dogs were involved in dog-fighting. This point of the history may have contributed to the aggression in the Pitbull’s genetic line. The American Kennel Club recognized this breed in the early 1930s.
- The Newfoundland dogs came from Canada. They helped fishermen in the area. There are discrepancies about the origin of this breed. The American Kennel Club recognized this breed in 1879.
- You will need proper nutrition to achieve the optimum health of the Pitbull Newfoundland. Four to five cups of high-quality food per day is the recommendation for the adult dog. The diet should include at least 12 percent fat and 22 percent protein.
- The mixed breed may inherit the water-resistant double coat of its Newfoundland parent breed. This type of coat requires more frequent brushing, about two to three times per week.
- Its double coat will trap dirt, leaves, and mud. The dog should be washed when they are visibly dirty and feeling itchy.
- Harnarayan, Patrick, et al. “Pit Bull Attack Causing Limb Threatening Vascular Trauma —A Case Series.” International Journal of Surgery Case Reports, vol. 42, 8 Dec. 2018, pp. 133–137., doi:10.1016/j.ijscr.2017.11.061.
- Brown, Risa W. Pitbull. Mitchell Lane Publishers, 2015.