40 Boston Terrier Mix Breeds That Are Picture-Pawfect
Check out our list of 40 Boston Terrier Mix Breeds that as adorable as you imagine. If you have a Boston Terrier mix of your own, you’re welcome to upload a picture and share it with us in the comments section.
Boxer Boston Terrier Mix = Boxterrier
- The Boxer Boston Terrier Mix is a loyal and friendly dog, which makes them a perfect family dog. It is a cross between the much larger and muscular Boxer breed and the small yet sturdy Boston Terrier.
- With proper training, they are a good guard dog or watchdog since they are protective dogs but are not generally aggressive. Will alert you when they discern a possible threat. Always curious and cautious around strangers but remains calm in demeanor.
- They prefer being around family or other people. Very patient and affectionate to its family as well as children.
- Good walk and exercise are needed for Boston Terrier Boxer Mix puppies to expend some of the excess energy. Routine physical activities can help them grow healthy and well behaved.
- Grooming is minimal because of their short-haired coat which doesn’t shed a lot. A good regular brushing can help keep their coats clean, smooth and shiny.
Husky Boston Terrier Mix = Terriersky
- This hybrid can vary in appearance as much as its personality which can be a combination of being devoted and easy-going like Boston Terriers with the intelligence and independence of a Husky.
- Being highly active these medium-sized dogs need two cups of dog food to support their daily nutritional needs.
- They do well on homes with yards where they can play and work off some of their energy. Just keep in mind that they are capable of climbing over or digging through fences.
- Taking them on long walks and involving in challenging physical activities helps create a stronger bond.
- The Husky Boston Terrier Mix require constant attention as they can develop separation anxiety. They can grow bored, stressed and destructive quite easily when left alone for too long.
- It is also important for owners to watch out for eye issues which they can develop, like:
- Cherry Eye
- Corneal Dystrophy
- Progressive Retinal Atrophy
Corgi Boston Terrier Mix = Corgton Terrier
- This cute dog is a mix between a purebred Boston Terrier and a purebred Corgi.
- An average Boston Terrier Corgi Mix can weigh between 10 and 27 lbs. and stands up to 10 to 17 inches in height.
- Like other small size dog breeds, they can also be at risk of back problems although some Corgi Boston Terrier Mix does live perfectly healthy and happy for 12 to 15 years.
- Corgis have been bred in the British Isles over 3,000 years ago to serve as livestock herders which give them a tendency to be protective. They are widely known for being an athletic and very loyal breed.
- While the Boston Terrier was initially bred as fighting dogs in the 19th century, they are intelligent and affectionate. Traits that surely helps make them easy to groom and train.
- Their athleticism and even temperament are perfect for agility training, obedience training, and active sports.
Poodle Boston Terrier Mix = Pooterrier
- With the mix between a Poodle a Boston Terrier, you can expect an exceedingly intelligent dog that is friendly, obedient, loves to play games and perform tricks.
- They are active and loves to go swimming, jumping and running. But keep in mind not to overexert. A 30-minute up to an hour of walk a day plus some play time inside will be enough exercise.
- Although energetic, they are non-sporting dogs but does great in tricks, watchdog, agility and obedience training. They can stay active indoors, and they don’t need yards to play outside. An occasional visit to the dog park will suffice and be surely appreciated.
- The Poodle Boston Terrier Mix needs low to moderate grooming depending on its coat. They don’t shed as much, just moderately low. Needs to be brushed only once to twice a week.
- If it has a coat similar to a Poodle, it may be hypoallergenic and only requires a bath when it’s dirty.
German Shepherd Boston Terrier Mix = German Terrier
- The German Shepherd Boston Terrier Mix makes an incredibly smart and athletic dog.
- There is only few information published on this rare breed, but there is much on its parent breeds that can shed some light into what traits they may inherit.
- It is advisable to give them a healthy raw food diet and avoid overfeeding. Remember to watch their diet as overeating can exacerbate some health issues.
- This mix breed of German Shepherd and Boston Terrier can be susceptible to allergies and elbow and hip joint dysplasia. To help prevent this you would need to start them on supplements as early as possible:
- Fish oil
- Originating from Germany, German Shepherd is a breed created in the 19th century. Their purpose was to assist in police and military work. They are certainly courageous as these dogs can brave through landmines, artillery fire, and tanks to deliver supplies to soldiers.
Beagle Boston Terrier Mix = Beaterrier
- The Beagle Terrier Mix which is also called Boglen Terrier is an adorable hybrid that has prominent features like the big gentle eyes and floppy ears of their parent breeds.
- Make sure to research on the health history of both parents so that you can be aware of some health issue like Patellar dislocation and Idiopathic Epilepsy.
- Few known health issues to this breed are caused by its short face and bulging eyes though, like:
- Brachycephalic Airway Syndrome
- Laryngeal Collapse
- Corneal Ulcers
- They are energetic, friendly and a great companion dog. Perfect for families and very good with children.
- You’ll find them easy to train and responds well to rewards and motivation even at a young age.
- Some of the hunting instinct from the Beagle is passed down, so they are likely to give chase when they catch an interesting smell. That is why it is important to keep them on a leash outdoors.
Chihuahua Boston Terrier Mix = Chihuaterrier
- A crossbreed between a Chihuahua and Boston Terrier, this pint-size dog packs a big attitude that makes up for its size. They get their personality from both parent breeds.
- The Chihuahua Boston Terrier Mix is a famous mixed breed because they are intelligent, lively, eager to please, and companionable. They make a perfect lap dog that loves to have fun.
- They have pretty simple grooming as well as exercise needs. A good 30 minutes of exercise a day and play time indoors. This also means they can fit well to any size of the home, even for apartments.
- Depending on their coat, Boston Terrier Chihuahua Mix is moderate shedders. They would need occasional baths and weekly brushing to remove tangles and prevent mats.
- Some of the health issues that can be encountered and should look out for are those similar to other flat-faced dog breeds. Make sure that the puppy has been health screened.
Border Collie Boston Terrier Mix = Collie Terrier
- The Border Collie Boston Terrier is an outgoing, energetic dog that loves long walks or even hiking. They won’t be contented on laying around or being kept indoors for long.
- They are smart and easy to train, although a bit stubborn. Try giving them ample exercise to make them more compliant and obedient.
- Their strong Border Collie instinct means you can expect them to try to herd you. Make sure to take them to the dog park to socialize and be around many people.
- Boston Terrier Border Collie Mix is an affectionate breed.
- They love to work and run all day. This is good in keeping their energy level down.
- It is important to get health clearances to make sure they are tested for particular conditions including:
- Progressive retinal atrophy
- Hip dysplasia
- Shedding tendencies from its Border Collie side is less intense. Routine baths and grooming can be done as needed.
Australian Shepherd Boston Terrier Mix = Aussie Terrier
- Australian Shepherd Boston Terrier Mix, also known as Baussie or Bossie, is very good at sports herding, retrieving, guarding, watching and police work.
- Contrary to its name, the Australian Shepherd who is one of its parents did not originate from Australia but rather from the Pyrenees Mountains between Spain and France.
- They require low maintenance as their short-haired coat sheds very little and their canine smell is hardly noticeable.
- Make sure to watch their diet carefully as they have a tendency to overeat.
- Mental and physical exercise is needed every day to keep them active and healthy.
- They have a strong herding instinct, so better watch out not to trip on them when they do.
- This hybrid is an intelligent and energetic bunch. They have a tendency to bully other dogs and barks at other animals.
- They are sweet and very sensitive to human emotions. A bit demanding and bossy, too.
Dachshund Boston Terrier Mix = Dachton Terrier
- Playful and intelligent the Dachshund Boston Terrier Mix is a delightful pet for families. A wonderful companion. Lovable, gentle, playful, and good with children.
- They are full of energy and can be active outdoors as they enjoy playing fetch, running or just walking. But they can also be fairly inactive when indoors, perfect if you live in an apartment or have small space.
- Very quick to learn tricks but can get bored after too many repetitions. Adjust your training sessions to short periods and give motivations to keep them interested and obedient.
- They can also sometimes show signs of aggression around other animals as they may be a bit territorial. Always watchful and may bark when they feel wary or suspicious of people who are unfamiliar to them.
- A healthy mix of canned foods and dry kibbles, up to 1 ½ cups regularly, can satisfy their nutritional needs and appease on their desire to chew.
Pug Boston Terrier Mix = Pugston Terrier
- The Pug Boston Terrier Mix, or lovingly called as Bugg, was first bred around the 1980s. They are an amusing and charming breed.
- They can reach a height of 10 to 17 inches, weigh around 25 pounds, and have a lifespan of 10-13 years.
- Since both parent breeds are generally known to be calm, loving and friendly, the Boston Terrier Pug Mix is a wonderful companion who likes to cuddle and play.
- Easily contented with moderate exercise. They can adapt perfectly to the apartment or city living.
- Has a tendency to overeat. Keep a close eye to the portion as well as the what type and quality of food you serve them.
- They can be happy and content at being couch potatoes like Pugs, so you need to make sure they get enough exercise.
- Their short-haired coats only require weekly brushing to remove loose hairs and keep it glossy and smooth
Cocker Spaniel Boston Terrier Mix = Spaniel Terrier
- This hybrid dog is smart, playful, and loves to spend time with family and very good around children. They are an excellent companion that loves to join in on the fun.
- Keep them on a leash while out as they do have a hunting instinct and may give chase when they see smaller animals.
- They need attention and doesn’t like being left alone for extended periods. Being alone makes them feel anxious which causes them to act out by chewing on furniture and barking.
- Enjoys daily short walks, but can be very sensitive to the weather. Must avoid overexerting, more importantly when it is too hot or too cold. Keep your activities under 45 minutes each day.
- They can also be quite content to stay indoors as long as they get the attention and mental stimulation that they need.
- A Cocker Spaniel Boston Terrier Mix is a medium-sized dog that would need up to three cups of food per day.
American Bulldog Boston Terrier Mix = American Terrier
- The American Bulldog Terrier Mix is a friendly family-oriented dog. Quite affectionate and loves spending time with their owners but can be independent or alone for some time in a crowded house.
- Initially bred to keep livestock under control, the American Bulldog is a very old breed that may have started before the 15th century. Since then, they have lost some of their aggressive tendencies. Nowadays, they are well-known as faithful, loyal companions and famous among school mascots.
- A reputable breeder should let you know about some of the health issues that are common among the American Bulldog breed:
- Cherry Eye
- Hip dysplasia
- Cardiac disease
- Respiratory disease
- This mixed breed has moderate energy. They would need daily exercise and loves a physical challenge but may not be able to handle too much.
- When correctly trained and socialized, they can be great around other animals.
Blue Heeler Boston Terrier Mix = Blue Terrier
- Combining intelligence, agility, bravery, and strength, the Blue Heeler Boston Terrier Mix is an athletic dog that has a well-muscled physique.
- The Boston Terrier Blue Heeler Mix is a unique combination. There isn’t a lot of available information regarding this mix, but you can tell a lot about their traits and personality when you looked into their parent breeds.
- The Blue Heeler also called the Australian Cattle Dog, originated from Australia during the 1800s. Their job was to herd cattle on large ranches. They are resilient and clever enough to outsmart their owners.
- They have a tendency to get into mischief when they don’t get enough exercise and time outdoors. Running, walking, or playing games; they love the physical and mental stimulation.
- Obedient, very responsive to training and performs well in competitions. They excel in sports and work that involves chasing, hunting, and herding.
- Great around children, loyal, calm, protective yet gentle, and also enjoy some downtime while being cuddled.
English Bulldog Boston Terrier Mix = English Terrier
- The English Bulldog Boston Terrier Mix might be built compact and solid, but they are gentle and fairly quiet in demeanor. They are dedicated to their families and loves receiving all their attention.
- Their coat requires minimal brushing and easy to care. You may bathe them only when it’s necessary. Keep in mind to use a mild dog shampoo as they can be prone to skin irritations. Use a soft, moist cloth to wipe on the folds of their skin gently.
- They don’t do well on extreme temperatures as they are sensitive. Hot weather can cause them to suffer from heatstroke, and cold climates make them uncomfortable.
- Boston Terrier English Bulldog Mix puppies have more energy which declines as they age. They require only an hour of active play each day. This hybrid likes playing games but is also calm and inactive when indoors.
- An average Boston Terrier English Bulldog Mix can consume a cup of dog food per day.
Pitbull Boston Terrier Mix = Pitbon Terrier
- Nowadays Pitbull Boston Terrier Mix plays a perfect role of being therapy dogs, companion dogs, and police dogs. They are one of the famous breeds in the United States.
- This small and muscular medium-sized dog can weigh up to 25 pounds and reach a height of 20 inches. The Boston Terrier Pitbull Mix can leave for as long as 12 to 16 years.
- Can be easily trained to be a guard dog as they are loyal and has a good understanding of people. But they do lose their interest quite quickly if the commands are repeated too many times. It is best to start their training while they are still young.
- Establish a feeding schedule serving only a cup for each meal three times a day. This can help avoid overeating and help in maintaining a healthy weight.
- Choose foods that are rich in protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals. Serve raw vegetables and meats with your dog food.
French Bulldog Boston Terrier Mix = French Terrier
- The excellent companion which is the French Bulldog Boston Terrier Mix loves receiving love, care, and affection that it can get from their owners.
- They don’t need as much physical activity or exercise. A walk or play time of up to 45 minutes a day is sufficient for this crossbreed.
- With a small body and short-haired coat, this hybrid is best suited for climates with moderate temperatures. Their coat is not well-equipped for the extreme cold.
- Grooming is quite easy as only 2 to 3 times a week of brushing to keep their coat shiny and clean. Don’t forget to clean their skin folds and wrinkles, too.
- The French Bulldog Boston Terrier Mix is a famous breed as some claims that this cross eliminates some of the health issues that are common to both parent breeds. But unfortunately, this is not true, as this hybrid is still at risk of Brachycephalic Airway Syndrome caused by their short skull.
Shih Tzu Boston Terrier Mix = Shih Tzurrier
- This highly energetic and entertaining dog is a great pet for families but needs to be trained and socialized properly to get along with kids and other animals.
- The Shih Tzu Boston Terrier Mix is a challenge to house-break, but with patience, it can be rewarding.
- Can be an ideal watchdog who understands human emotions quite well and very loyal to their owners. With proper and adequate socialization, they can play nice with kids as well as other animals, too.
- They need attention and can’t be left alone for too long as they can develop separation anxiety.
- Some of the health issues they have inherited are:
- Patellar luxation
- Kidney problems
- Liver problems
- Eye problems
- Bladder problems
- The Boston Terrier Shi Tzu Mix or Bo Shih is a breed that likely started in the 1980s. They are produced to make puppies that are small, gentle, and have a coat that doesn’t shed.
Doberman Boston Terrier Mix = Doberrier
- The Doberman Boston Terrier Mix is an energetic and loyal, as well as affectionate and people-oriented when properly socialized and trained well. They are also known to be affectionate and sweet towards their owners.
- Very few published information can be found about this rare breed, but we can see through the parent breeds to discover more about this crossbreed and what traits they can inherit.
- The Doberman pinschers breed originated from Germany in the late 19th Century. Their intelligence makes them fast-learners. Their size and physique are perfect for police, guard and military works during those times. These professions are also one of the reasons why they have a bad reputation which they don’t deserve.
- This hybrid combines two headstrong parent breeds that are known to be independent, loyal, smart and a perfect companion.
- Both parent breeds have short-haired coats that shed moderately. Regular brushing can help them stay clean and remove some of the dead hair.
Boston Terrier Mix Food Requirements
Tree things to keep in mind when choosing the right food for your dog are their age, size, and lifestyle.
Age plays an important role: whelps will thrive on these high-calorie best puppy food brands, while for older doggos, fiber, and protein-filled best senior dry dog food brands will be more beneficial.
Boston Terrier crosses come in different sizes. Crosses that turn out petite will do better with these best dry dog food for small dogs, while best large breed dry dog food will meet the nutritional needs of doggos grandes better.
Making sure your furry pal doesn’t get overweight or obese is crucial. We’ll tell you right away that are certain worst dry dog food brands that will make your pooch gain an extra pound or two. Opt, instead, for one of the best dry dog food brands and you won’t regret it.
All-natural, high-quality kibbles such as Wellness Core Dog Food or Dog For Dog Food are the perfect start on your dog’s journey through a healthy life.
Adding vitamins and minerals to your dog’s meal is necessary if the pooch is not getting enough of them. Apart from regular meals, another way for your pup to consume essential nutrients is to include a premium-quality supplement in the diet. Nutra Thrive dog food supplement is a wise choice as it offers plenty of micronutrients and the so-called superfoods needed to achieve optimal health.
- Foote, Braidee C., et al. “Retinal Detachment and Glaucoma in the Boston Terrier and Shih Tzu Following Phacoemulsification (135 Patients): 2000-2014.” Veterinary Ophthalmology, vol. 21, no. 3, 3 Aug. 2017, pp. 240–248., doi:10.1111/vop.12500.
- Bedwell-Wilson, Wendy. Boston Terriers For Dummies. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2011.