44+ Beagle Mix Breeds
It has been another beautiful year for me again as a dog enthusiast and breeder. Speaking of which, I’ve come to understand what it’s like to care for dogs. Owning my first dog felt wonderful and contributing to the birth of so many more felt like a dream come true to me. There are certain considerations for being a dog owner such as financial capability and location. But one thing’s for sure, a dog’s unconditional love is worth the effort.
Today’s article will tackle the different Beagle mixes. May this information will help you in deciding about what dogs to breed with a Beagle. I hope that you will be able to adopt and raise a healthy and healthy Beagle mix breed. Please don’t hesitate to ask a question or post a photo of your adorable puppy in the comments section.
Boxer Beagle Mix = Boxgle
- The Boxer Beagle mix, or also referred to as the Bogle, is an adorable mix between the Beagle and the Boxer.
- While some reliable information about the Boxer Beagle mix is lacking, its parents should tell you more about what to expect from this mix breed.
- This type of mix breed is generally known to be tough and can endure difficult situations. They are also less prone to illnesses.
- The Beagle Boxer mix moderately shed due to its short coat. Also, its coat colors vastly vary from brown to black and tan.
- Boxer mixed with Beagle is great companions to people with an active lifestyle since these dogs are known to be energetic like their parents.
Husky Beagle Mix = Beagsky
Image source: sohafosterdogs
- Also known as the Beaski, this mix breed is born from the Beagle and the Siberian Husky.
- While some reliable information about the Beagle Husky mix is lacking, its parents should tell you more about what to expect from this mix breed.
- Having a parent dog that was bred for hunting and the other that was known to kill cats for sport, the Husky Beagle mix could be defined by their tendency to chase something.
- This hybrid can stand up to 20 inches tall and weigh up to 45 pounds.
- It is prone to intervertebral disc disease and congenital heart disease, so exercise is necessary for this active breed.
Poodle Beagle Mix = Poogle
- As the name suggests, the Poodle Beagle mix is an offspring of the Beagle and the Poodle.
- A Poodle Beagle mix may either inherit long coats that need to be brushed daily or moderately short coats that only require a couple of brushings per week.
- Beagle Poodle mix is smart and curious, so an environment with physical and mental stimulation should suit them well.
- Considering a collective list of sicknesses from both parent dogs, this hybrid may be prone to eye problems and hypothyroidism; screening tests should reveal the likelihood of your Poodle Beagle mix obtaining or inheriting such issues.
- The Poodle mixed with Beagle can only be found from dedicated breeders. You should make sure to review the medical history and lifestyle of the parent dogs before considering owning a one.
German Shepherd Beagle Mix = German Beagle
- The Beagle German Shepherd mix is bred by two popular breeds – the Beagle and the German Shepherd.
- The German Beagle mix is a crossbreed that is still under observation, but its characteristics are predictable based on the traits of the parents.
- At least an hourly routine of walking the dog and socialization are essential to keep the German Beagle mix healthy and avoid physical and behavioral setbacks.
- This mix breed can stand between 13 to 26 inches tall and can weigh from 20 to 90 pounds; it may classify as a medium-sized dog.
- Overall, the German Beagle mix is an intelligent, child-friendly, and confident dog.
Bull Mastiff Beagle Mix = Bull Beagle
- The Bull Mastiff Beagle mix is an odd combination between the Bull Mastiff and the Beagle.
- Due to its rarity, the characteristics of a Bull Mastiff Beagle mix can be deduced from the characteristics of its parent dogs.
- The size of the Beagle Bull Mastiff mix could be expected to be large once it’s fully grown.
- Training is necessary, especially with a mix breed that likes to sniff around and wander off. Having a leash on the dog should be a standard operating procedure just like most dogs.
Labrador Beagle Mix = Beagldor
- The Labrador Beagle mix, or Beagador, is a mix between the Beagle and the Labrador.
- This is a family-oriented mix breed that exhibits loyalty and vigilance, much like their Labrador parent dog.
- Intelligence could be a defining trait in the hybrid, so their physical and mental needs should be met with an active lifestyle by its owner.
- A Labrador Beagle mix’s appearance may resemble its Labrador parent dog, but the genes from its Beagle parent dog shorten the dog’s height and classifying it as a medium sized breed; it stands at about 25 inches tall.
- The Beagle Labrador mix tend to be quite adaptable, and their lifespan ranges from 12 to 15 years.
Chihuahua Beagle Mix = Chihuagle
- The Chihuahua Beagle mix, or its commonly known name the Cheagle, is a wonderful and intelligent mix between the Beagle and the Chihuahua.
- While some reliable information about the Chihuahua Beagle mix is lacking, its parents should tell you more about what to expect from this mix breed.
- This is a dog that is quick on its feet and fast to learn, yet it can seem to be stubborn at times due to the ego it inherits from the Chihuahua; training your Chihuahua Beagle mix as a puppy should be considered.
- Depending on the coat that your Chihuahua Beagle mix inherits, brushing its coat should be generally done twice a week; inheriting the coating of the Chihuahua entails a more consistent grooming routine. Also, it is essential to keep an eye on the hybrid’s ears, making sure that moisture and ear wax do not build up.
- Family time with the Chihuahua Beagle mix is needed for it to channel its high energy level and remain healthy.
Chow Chow Beagle Mix = Chowgle
- The Chow Chow Beagle mix, also called the Chowgle, is another ambitious breed from the Chow Chow and the Beagle breeds.
- The Chow Chow Beagle is a mix breed that is still under observation, but its characteristics are predictable based on the traits of the parents.
- The appearance of this hybrid may vary in color ranging from golden brown or yellow to dark brown with white spots.
- Only experienced dog owners should consider owning a Chow Chow Beagle mix because this crossbreed may manifest a certain degree of aggression in general; socialization training is recommended.
Border Collie Beagle Mix = Border Collgle
- The Border Collie Beagle mix is an interesting mix between the Beagle and the Border Collie.
- The Beagle Border Collie mix is a crossbreed that is still under observation, but its characteristics are predictable based on the traits of the parents.
- Since both the Border Collie and the Beagle were bred as working dogs – for herding and hunting – its offspring should display fewer symptoms of a disease or acquire significant health issues. Border Collie Beagle mixes are hardy dogs.
- You may consider the Border Collie Beagle mix as a babysitter due to their instincts of herding and tracking; it can be a helpful assistant to parents with children.
Australian Shepherd Beagle Mix = Australian Beagle
- The Australian Beagle mix is an appealing combination of the Australian Shepherd and the Beagle.
- Talent is a defining trait in Australian Shepherd Beagle mixes and makes excellent show dogs.
- This is a medium sized dog that stands at 13 to 20 inches and weighs at about 60 pounds. The coats of an Australian Shepherd Beagle mix vary widely – colors of white, black, brown, red, blue, and tan.
- At least 1 to 2 hours of training and engagement is needed by the Australian Beagle to maximize its potentials.
- For a dog this active, the Australian Beagle mix is prone to the disease called hip dysplasia and other mobility conditions such as arthritis. A healthy pet should span for up to 15 years.
Dachshund Beagle Mix = Dachgle
- Commonly referred to as the Doxle, the Dachshund Beagle mix is the first of its kind, or the first generation of mix breed, between the Beagle and the Dachshund.
- Little is known regarding the exact origin of the Dachshund Beagle mix, and ongoing observations are slowly providing more information about its important traits.
- Grooming the hybrid includes weekly brushing, nail trimming, and ear cleaning.
- Without proper exercise, Dachshund Beagle mixes are very prone to skeletal conditions such as intervertebral disc disease, back issues, and obesity.
- This is a family-oriented dog, so the essential requirements from its owner are time management and flexibility.
Cocker Spaniel Beagle Mix = Cocker Spangle
- The Cocker Spaniel Beagle mix, or more commonly known as the Bocker, is a friendly mix breed of the Cocker Spaniel and the Beagle.
- The Cocker Spaniel Beagle mix is known to be a friendly dog and can mingle with other animals; this is a breed for people who own other dogs or animals at home.
- Small proportions of food are adequate for the Cocker Spaniel Beagle mix to prevent the risk of obesity.
- Grooming requirements for this crossbreed are not too many; occasional coat brushing should be enough since this mix breed does not shed heavily.
- The appearance of a Cocker Spaniel Beagle mix is similar to its Beagle parent dog asides the facial features which are inherited from its Cocker Spaniel parent dog.
St. Bernard Beagle Mix = St. Beagle
- The St. Bernard Beagle mix is a combination between the St. Bernard and the Beagle.
- The St Bernard Beagle mix is a crossbreed that is still under observation, but its characteristics are predictable based on the traits of the parents.
- The St. Bernard Beagle mix is capable of being independent, but it should not be left alone for long periods.
- The St. Bernard Beagle mix is a moderate shedder, so general grooming maintenance should suffice.
- Since the St. Bernard and the Beagle were bred for similar purposes – rescue and hunting – it is more likely for the hybrid to partake in searching-related activities.
American Bulldog Beagle Mix = American Beagle
- The American Bulldog Beagle mix is an ambitious cross between the American Bulldog and the Beagle.
- While some reliable information about the Beagle American Bulldog mix is lacking, its parents should tell you more about what to expect from this mix breed.
- This mix is prone to ear infection, so its ears should always be kept clean.
- Although stubborn, this mix breed is highly intelligent and find pleasure in training.
- American Bulldog Beagle mixes can be considered as family pets due to their extreme affection towards family members and curiosity with children.
Shar Pei Beagle Mix = Shar Peigle
- Commonly referred to as the Sharp Eagle, the Shar Pei Beagle mix is another designer dog breed of the Shar Pei and the Beagle.
- The Shar Pei Beagle mix is a small mix breed, with different color variations of the coat, nose, and eyes; eye colors of hazel and brown, coat colors of black, brown, blue, white, tan, and red, and nose colors of black, brown, and blue.
- Grooming the hybrid’s coat with a slicker brush can be done once a week, so general grooming is adequate.
- Daily, but less rigorous, exercises are enough to keep the Beagle Shar Pei mix healthy. Brisk walking and playing fetch should do the trick.
- This mix breed could have or develop dominance due to their territorial trait as observed in Shar Peis. Early exposure and socialization are vital in controlling this behavioral trait.
Akita Beagle Mix = Beaglekita
- This unlikely mix breed, the Akita Beagle mix, is the offspring of the Beagle and the Akita.
- Due to its rarity, the characteristics of an Akita Beagle mix can be deduced from the characteristics of its parent dogs.
- The Beagle Akita mix can appear as tall and orange as its Akita parent dog or as short and with brown patches as its Beagle parent dog.
- This is an active dog with quite a stubborn attitude as well. Overall, the Akita Beagle mix could be considered as well-mannered.
Blue Heeler Beagle Mix = Blue Beagle
- The Blue Healer Beagle mix is an interesting cross between the Blue Heeler and the Beagle.
- While some reliable information about the Blue Heeler Beagle mix is lacking, its parents should tell you more about what to expect from this mix breed.
- Intelligent and energetic, the Beagle Blue Healer mix requires a bit of work and dedicated training. Hiking or jogging may be suitable activities since both parent dogs were bred to run.
- With similar qualities between the Blue Heeler and the Beagle, the mixed breed may appear short as well.
English Bulldog Beagle Mix = English Beagle
- The English Bulldog Beagle, also known as the Beabull, is a charming mix between the English Bulldog and the Beagle.
- While some reliable information about the Beagle English Bulldog mix is lacking, its parents should tell you more about what to expect from this mix breed.
- The appearance of most English Bulldog mixed with Beagle has wrinkles, short tails, and short legs.
- The average weight of the Beagle mixed with English Bulldog can reach up to 30 pounds.
- Like their Bulldog parent dog, the English Bulldog Beagle mix tend to be lazy as well.
Golden Retriever Beagle Mix = Golden Beagtriever
- The Golden Retriever Beagle mix, or Beago, is a mix between two favorites – the Beagle and the Golden Retriever.
- This mix breed is known to be relatively new, but its parents should tell you more about what to expect from this breed.
- Beagle Golden Retriever mix is fondly loyal, energetic, and intelligent dogs with outgoing dispositions just like their purebred parents.
- The average size and weight of the hybrid can greatly vary; it may appear as small as its Beagle parent or as tall as its Golden Retriever parent.
- It is suggested by experts to brush the coat of the Golden Retriever Beagle mix thrice every week due to their massive shedding.
Great Pyrenees Beagle Mix = Great Beaglerenees
- The Great Pyrenees Beagle mix may be unheard of, but in any case, is a result of the breeding between the Beagle and the Great Pyrenees.
- Due to its rarity, the characteristics of a Beagle Great Pyrenees mix can be deduced from the characteristics of its parent dogs.
- This mix breed is expected to grow to as big as its Great Pyrenees parent dog.
- Its color may vary from white with brown and black patches to white or tan.
Rhodesian Ridgeback Beagle Mix = Rhodesian Beagle
- The Rhodesian Ridgeback Beagle mix is an interesting combination between the Rhodesian Ridgeback and the Beagle.
- While some reliable information about the Rhodesian Ridgeback Beagle mix is lacking, its parents should tell you more about what to expect from this mix breed.
- The Rhodesian Ridgeback Beagle mix may appear more like its Rhodesian Ridgeback parent dog but stand as a little taller or as small as its Beagle parent dog. This is a medium-sized dog.
- Grooming needs only require low maintenance.
Bernese Mountain Dog Beagle Mix = Bernese Beagle
- The Bernese Mountain Dog Beagle mix is another uncommon combination between the Bernese Mountain Dog and the Beagle
- Due to its rarity, the characteristics of a Beagle Bernese Mountain Dog mix can be deduced from the characteristics of its parent dogs.
- Its appearance resembles the color patterns of its Bernese Mountain Dog parent, while standing at about the same height as its Beagle parent dog.
- Like the Bernese Mountain Dog, the crossbreed may potentially a faithful dog to its owner; socialization should help control this sometimes-destructive behavior.
Pitbull Beagle Mix = Bullgle
- The Pitbull Beagle mix is one of the recent hybrids that were bred and resulting from the breeding between the Pitbull and the Beagle.
- This mix breed is known to be relatively new, but its parents should tell you more about what to expect from this breed.
- The average height of the Pitbull Beagle mix stands at about 20 inches and weighs up to 40 pounds; appearing more like its Pitbull parent dog, it also inherits the facial features of the Beagle parent dog.
- Combining the traits of both parent dogs, the Pitbull Beagle mix is known to be sociable and friendly.
- Exercises that could be physically and mentally stimulating to the Pitbull Beagle mix are tug-of-war and fetch.
French Bulldog Beagle Mix = French Beagle
- Also known as the Frengle, this little crossbreed is a mix between the Beagle and the French Bulldog.
- While some reliable information about the French Bulldog Beagle mix is lacking, its parents should tell you more about what to expect from this mix breed.
- Since the traits of the French Bulldog Beagle mix tend to vary, it was generally observed as a dog that rarely barks and gets along well with children.
- Because the French Bulldog is prone to respiratory disease and eyesight problems, the French Bulldog Beagle mix is recommended to undergo mandatory health check or screening.
- If you decide to take in a French Bulldog Beagle mix, make sure to contact the breeder and have a closer look on the French Bulldog parent; responsibility towards health issues is essential for this dog to live happily.
Catahoula Beagle Mix = Beaglehoula
- The Catahoula Beagle mix is a rare combination that results in the so-called Beaglehoula mix breed.
- While some reliable information about the Catahoula Beagle mix is lacking, its parents should tell you more about what to expect from this mix breed.
- Since both parent dogs were bred for hunting, the Catahoula Beagle mix is expected to manifest the same trait as well.
- The Catahoula Beagle mix enjoys long walks and steep ascents that help in depleting their high energy level and prevent destructive behavior.
- Because of the dog’s tendency to be stubborn, training should be kept under shorter periods; socialization is essential in controlling its untamed aggression towards things.
Shih Tzu Beagle Mix = Shih Tzugle
- This good-natured Shih Tzu Beagle mix, or preferably called the Bea Tzu, is a mix between the Shih Tzu and the Beagle.
- While some reliable information about the Shih Tzu Beagle mix is lacking, its parents should tell you more about what to expect from this mix breed.
- In general, the Shih Tzu Beagle mix can be considered as an excellent family pet, making it well suited for family members of all ages.
- A healthy diet for the Shih Tzu Beagle mix should help in addressing kidney and dental problems; its life expectancy falls between 10 and 12 years.
- The combination between the Shih Tzu and Beagle combine into an offspring with a big personality and being in the center of attention is not much of a surprise.
Doberman Beagle Mix = Beagleerman
- The Doberman Beagle mix, which may also be called as the Beagleman, is a recently developed mix breed of the Doberman and the Beagle.
- The Doberman Beagle mix is a protective dog that is generally alert and vocal.
- Socialization training may help in controlling the Doberman Beagle mix’s tendency to be aggressive against strangers and other people.
- This mix breed has low grooming maintenance and only require the occasional brushing and trimming.
- This is a medium-sized dog that, unlike its Doberman parent dog, has floppy ears and long tails; the coat colors come with varieties of black, tan, brown, and white.
Beagle Mix Food Requirements
Your cutie carries the genes of super-unique and distinctive parents, so you can always opt for best dry dog food for small dogs or best large breed dry dog food. If you come across some of the worst dry dog food in the market, don’t consider taking it. Instead, look for Wellness Core Dog Food, Dog For Dog Food, or Nutra Thrive dog food supplement.
Your doggo deserves to have the best care and nutrition you can give them. Puppies should get food that will give them enough proteins, which you can find among the best puppy food brands. Dog-grandpas should get only the best senior dry dog food to make them feel young and strong. Also, if you stumble upon give it a go. Don’t forget to consult your vet prior to changing your doggo’s diet.
- “Pharmacokinetics and Bioavailability Study of Neoline in Beagle Dogs.” China Journal of Chinese Materia Medica, 11 Sept. 2015, doi:10.4268/cjcmm20151331.
- McCullough, Susan. Beagles for Dummies. Wiley, 2007.