45+ Cocker Spaniel Mix Breeds
Table of Contents
Boxer Cocker Spaniel Mix = Cocker Spanixer
- The Boxer Cocker Spaniel Mix is a modern cross of the fighting Boxer guard dog and the cheerful and beloved Cocker Spaniel companion dog.
- There is not much information about this mix breed, but getting to know the parent breeds is necessary in order to get more detailed information about this mix breed’s personality and traits.
- The Cocker Spaniel is a loving dog and a true bird dog. It has a cheerful disposition and is happy snuggling on the couch with the kids.
- The resulting Boxer Cocker Spaniel Mix is a medium-sized dog that is both affectionate and cheerful as it is tough and alert.
- This mixed breed is prone to the diseases inherited from its parent breeds such as eye problems, autoimmune hemolytic anemia, hypothyroidism, primary seborrhea, boxer cardiomyopathy, or hip dysplasia, so make it a point to buy your Cocker Spanixer only from reputable breeders in order to guarantee that you will get a healthy and high-quality puppy.
Husky Cocker Spaniel Mix = Huskerspaniel
- This is a unique cross between the active, adventurous and escape artist Siberian Husky and the adorable Cocker Spaniel.
- The Husky Cocker Spaniel Mix is largely an unknown mixed breed. Thus one needs to look more closely into its parent breeds in order to get a clearer picture of them.
- The Siberian Husky is not just a sled-type of dog but also a dog that can escape easily unless the whole area around is properly fenced by the owner.
- Although not known to be aggressive and is still basically a committed breed, the husky is difficult to train if the owner is not a tough and firm one, so it needs a tough obedience training from an expert.
- The Cocker Spaniel is an affectionate dog that came from Spain in the 1800s and was either a toy (or companion) or a hunting dog and is basically more obedient and loyal even to a beginner master.
- The Husky Cocker Spaniel Mix is once more a mix between an adventurous, high-energy dog and a docile one, and so this mixed designer breed needs tough and firm training in order to get rid of its possible destructive behavior and tendency to escape.
Corgi Cocker Spaniel Mix = Corgikerspaniel
- The Corgikerspaniel is generally a small dog as it is a cross between the small Cardigan Welsh Corgi or Pembroke Welsh Corgi and the equally small- to medium-sized Cocker Spaniel, but this dog is a strong and frequent barker just like its parent breeds.
- Do not get your Corgi Cocker Spaniel puppies from an irresponsible breeder as small, sensitive puppies of its parent breeds should come only from the most reliable and responsible of breeders.
- The Corgi Cocker Spaniel puppies are prone to overeating when not yet properly trained so one has to watch their diet, while they can also become extremely active.
- This mixed breed is recognized by the Dog Registry of America Inc. (DRA).
- The Corgi Cocker Spaniel is as energetic as its parent Pembroke Welsh Corgi or Cardigan Welsh Corgi and is a lover of the outdoors just like its American Cocker Spaniel parent. Thus it needs
Poodle Cocker Spaniel Mix = Poockerspaniel
- The Poodle Cocker Spaniel Mix is a cute and adorable hybrid of two equally loving and adorable parent breeds.
- This hybrid dog is also called the Poockerspaniel, Spoodle, Cockapoodle, or the Cockapoo.
- The Poodle Cocker Spaniel Mix is generally sociable and energetically happy as it loves to be cuddled just like its parent breeds.
- The Poodle Cocker Spaniel Mix has a broader head than the purebred Poodle and can come in a wide variety of colors that go well with its tight curls.
- The Poodle Cocker Spaniel Mix does not shed often just like its Poodle, and the good thing is that it is potentially less allergic compared to its parent breeds.
German Shepherd Cocker Spaniel Mix = German Cocker Spaniel
- The German Shepherd Cocker Spaniel Mix is a unique hybrid dog that results from the intelligent and capable police and military dog, the German Shepherd, and the loving companion Cocker Spaniel.
- This unique designer dog does not have much information about it, but one source says that it is possible that the puppy looks more like either of the purebred parents.
- Since 1889, the German Shepherd has been known for its ability to patrol a flock of sheep and to be an expert in terms of detection, search and rescue, and other police and military operations.
- The German Shepherd Cocker Spaniel Mix is an extremely loyal dog based on the qualities of dedication and devotion from the two parent breeds.
- There is a good chance though that the German Shepherd Cocker Spaniel Mix will suffer from separation anxiety if not given attention for quite some time, as this is a problem with its German Shepherd parent.
Beagle Cocker Spaniel Mix = Beagerspaniel
- The Beagle Cocker Spaniel Mix is also called Beagerspaniel or Bocker.
- This hybrid dog is a sweet, well-mannered dog that takes after the love of its parents for cuddling and playing with their owners.
- The hunting and tracking behavior of Beagles makes this designer mixed breed dog a little difficult to train for beginners, but the natural love of the Cocker Spaniel for its owner’s family makes the hybrid generally obedient.
- The Beagle Cocker Spaniel Mix needs approximately 1.5 to 2 cups of kibble per day evenly spread out in up to 3 meals in order to maintain good health and immunity.
- The Bocker is generally friendly and well-behaved but will definitely require a tough owner to train it while it is young, although their being affectionate makes them excellent companions for singles, couples, and the elderly.
Labrador Cocker Spaniel Mix = Labraspaniel
- The Labrador Cocker Spaniel Mix is a unique mix between the friendly and efficient working Labrador and the affectionate companion dog, Cocker Spaniel.
- The Labrador Cocker Spaniel Mix is also called its various names – Cockerdor, Cockador, and Spanador.
- The Labrador Cocker Spaniel Mix is recognized by the American Kennel Club, or AKC, and is classified as a sporting dog with both parent breeds popularly known in the US.
- The Labrador Retriever is sociable and outgoing while it is obedient to its master, and the Cocker Spaniel is very much similar. Thus the mixed breed has a stable temperament. Just avoid rabbits or squirrels that might annoy it or catch its attention.
- The Cockerdor is between 20 to 70 pounds in weight owing to the wide range of weight difference between its purebred parents.
Chihuahua Cocker Spaniel Mix = Chikerspaniel
- The Chihuahua Cocker Spaniel Mix is a cross between the smallest dog, Chihuahua, and the smallest member of the American Kennel Club, the Cocker Spaniel. It is, therefore, a small dog that is extra energetic as it takes after the playful nature of both parent breeds.
- The Chihuahua Cocker Spaniel Mix is also called Chikerspaniel, Chispaniel, Chi Cocker, Cocker Chi, and other names, and it is recognized by the Dog Registry of America Inc. (DRA) and the International Designer Canine Registry (IDCR).
- The Chikerspaniel may stand up to larger aggressive dogs just like its parent Chihuahua breed, and may also need extreme supervision when it is with children. Just like its Chihuahua parent, you should take care not to let it play with children under the age of 8, or an injury may result from it.
- The Chihuahua Cocker Spaniel Mix needs 20 to 30 minutes of daily exercise as well as a strict and tough owner to make the dog obey ground rules.
Chow Chow Cocker Spaniel Mix = Chowspaniel
- The Chow Chow Cocker Spaniel Mix is a mix between the very aloof Chow Chow and the family companion Cocker Spaniel.
- The Chowspaniel is another rare mix breed so you will be able to know more about its temperament and other characteristics by delving more into its parent breeds.
- The Chow Chow is extremely loyal but it can be very independent and aloof. It can also be unreasonably suspicious of strangers. Thus you should train Chow Chow Cocker Spaniel Mix puppies to socialize with people from the moment they are young because this hybrid dog has a good chance of inheriting its Chow Chow parent’s aloofness.
- Take your dog to the vet regularly for an eye checkup and for a total medical checkup. The Chow Chow parent breed may suffer from Entropion, an eyelid disease, and the Cocker Spaniel parent breed may also suffer from various eye diseases.
- The Chowspaniel may not appreciate children that much no matter how cute and cuddly this hybrid dog may seem, so make sure that it is kid-friendly before you can let your kids go near it.
Border Collie Cocker Spaniel Mix = Border Colspaniel
- The Border Collie Cocker Spaniel mix breed is a cross between the stamina-driven Border Collie dog and the equally loyal darling of many US pet lovers, the Cocker Spaniel.
- The Border Collie Cocker Spaniel is also called the Border Collie Cocker and is recognized by the Dog Registry of America Inc. (DRA).
- This hybrid dog is bred for the purpose of developing a breed that is tough enough for agility and flyball sports. Thus these dogs are intense, tough, and busy.
- The Border Collie Cocker Spaniel breed is a guaranteed lover of children, people, and families, but it can be sensitive to anything that moves, which include people, children, cats, squirrels, and cats. One should, therefore, take care not to create that much noise in the house, or this mix breed will continually nip, bark, and nudge.
- It is recommended to purchase Border Collie Cocker Spaniel Mix from a reputable breeder in order to make sure that the puppies are free from hereditary diseases and have sound behavior.
Australian Shepherd Cocker Spaniel Mix = Australian Cocker Spaniel
- The Australian Shepherd Cocker Spaniel Mix is the result of a cross between the dominant and aggressive Australian Shepherd and the loving companion Cocker Spaniel.
- The Australian Shepherd Cocker Spaniel Mix is often called Aussie Cocker or Cotralian by many people, and it is basically 20 to 30 lbs heavy and 13 to 18 inches tall.
- The Australian Shepherd Cocker Spaniel Mix have eyes and a tail that look like those of a cocker but a strong, lean body like that of an Australian Shepherd.
- The naturally dominant personality of the Australian Shepherd Cocker Spaniel Mix takes after the tendency of the Australian Shepherd to be rough with children. Train your mix breed for socialization at an early age before you let it play with the kids.
Dachshund Cocker Spaniel Mix = Dacckerspaniel
- The Dachshund Cocker Spaniel Mix is also called the Dacckerspaniel or the Docker.
- The Dachshund Cocker Spaniel Mix is an interesting cross between the even-tempered hunting Dachshund and the lovable darling Cocker Spaniel.
- The Docker or Spaniel-Doxie is recognized by the Dog Registry of America Inc. (DRA) and the International Designer Canine Registry (IDCR).
- The Dachshund Cocker Spaniel Mix is generally a sweet, loving dog as it takes after the Cocker Spaniel but, like its parent Dachshund, it can be a hunter as it digs and chases rabbits and squirrels.
- The Docker can be very shy around people, so it needs to be trained for socialization. Its hunting behavior as a Dachshund may also make it hostile around people and children if left untrained.
Pug Cocker Spaniel Mix = Pugspaniel
- The Pug Cocker Spaniel Mix is a fun cross between the clowns of the dog world, the Pug, and the darling of many US pet lovers, the Cocker Spaniel.
- The Pug Cocker Spaniel Mix is recognized by the:
- American Canine Hybrid Club (ACHC)
- Designer Dogs Kennel Club (DDKC)
- Designer Breed Registry (DBR)
- International Designer Canine Registry (IDCR)
- The Cocker Pug takes after its Pug parent breed when it comes to having prominent eyes. Thus these eyes often get injured. Take care not to expose your Cocker Pug to anything that might destroy its eyes. It is, therefore, better to keep them as house dogs and not brought outdoors often.
- The big problem with the Pug Cocker Spaniel Mix is that it is a cross between two dogs that have a tendency to overeat. Thus you must control the tendency of the Pug Cocker to overeat.
American Bulldog Cocker Spaniel Mix = American Cocker Spaniel
- The American Bulldog Cocker Spaniel Mix is a cross between the strong, stocky and muscular American Bulldog and the active barker Cocker Spaniel.
- The American Bulldog was once a working farm dog and a loving family companion, and the Cocker Spaniel is a very loyal and loving dog to the family. Thus the Cockerbull or American Cocker Spaniel is a dog that symbolizes loyalty.
- The Cockerbull is a dog that is not that easy to train because its American Bulldog parent could be tough although the Cocker Spaniel parent breed is relatively docile and obedient when it comes to training.
- The American Bulldog Cocker Spaniel Mix is a small- to medium-sized breed with the body structure of the Cocker Spaniel and the coloring of the American Bulldog.
- The Cocker Spaniel parent breed may be a frequent barker, but the Cockerbull hybrid dog does not bark often.
- The American Bulldog Cocker Spaniel Mix needs constant physical activity for up to 45 minutes every day because of the laid-back nature of the parent breeds.
Shar Pei Cocker Spaniel Mix = Shar Peipaniel
- The Shar Peipaniel or the Cocker-Pei is an interesting and fun cross between the loyal hunter and fighter Chinese Shar-Pei and the constant loving companion Cocker Spaniel.
- The Shar Peipaniel is very devoted and protective of its owner and the human family that takes care of it, although it can be a bit stubborn without proper training.
- You should feed your Cocker-Pei dry dog food measuring 2 ½ to 3 cups every day.
- Train your Shar Pei Cocker Spaniel well using positive reinforcement training in order to keep your children safe around the dog. This hybrid dog can become very strong-willed even around children.
Akita Cocker Spaniel Mix = Akita Spaniel
- The Akita Cocker Spaniel Mix is a cross between the large and powerful Japanese royal dog and the sweet and loving companion dog of America, Cocker Spaniel.
- The Akita is powerful and courageous and has been considered as the natural guardian of the Japanese royal family. It is a symbol of long life and good health in Japan. This parent breed makes the Akita Cocker Spaniel Mix dominant and tough among people unless it is properly trained.
- The Akita Cocker Spaniel Mix is also more of a shredder compared to its Cocker Spaniel parent. This is because shredding is a common trait of the Akita breed.
- Both parents have smooth fur that requires constant and regular grooming, so keep the Akita Cocker’s coat groomed and bathed every day.
- Always ask an expert to train your Akita Cocker Spaniel Mix so that it will not injure your kids unintentionally.
Blue Heeler Cocker Spaniel Mix = Blue Cocker Spaniel
- The Blue Heeler Cocker Spaniel Mix is a companion dog that is known to be smart, happy, and energetic, is the cross of two very athletic parent breeds. This makes this hybrid dog require tough exercise in order to stay happy all the time.
- The Blue Spaniel or the Blue Cocker Spaniel has an average lifespan of up to 14 years, a height of up to 20 inches, and could weigh up to 45 pounds.
- The Blue Heeler Cocker Spaniel hybrid dog has the appearance of a small cattle dog but with features of a Cocker Spaniel especially the ears and coat. Its thick coat will need regular brushing.
- The Blue Cocker Spaniel is recognized by the American Kennel Club (AKC).
- These moderate shredders need constant grooming and regular clipping around the ears, tail, and head twice a month.
English Bulldog Cocker Spaniel Mix = English Cocker Spaniel
- The English Bulldog Cocker Spaniel Mix is a between the strong, loyal, but sensitive English Bulldog and the equally active Cocker Spaniel.
- The English Bulldog Cocker Spaniel Mix are fearful of strangers just like its Cocker Spaniel parent and are sensitive to cold weather, heat, and humidity in the same way as its English Bulldog parent.
- The English Bulldog Cocker Spaniel also has a tendency to overeat just like both of its parent breeds, so you must monitor its food intake closely.
- Keep your English Cocker Spaniel healthy through constant regular exercise because it has a tendency to be lazy. Although the parent Cocker Spaniel is active, the English Bulldog usually lives a sedentary lifestyle and does not want to go out for a walk.
Golden Retriever Cocker Spaniel Mix = Golden Cocker Spaniel
- The Golden Retriever Cocker Spaniel Mix is an interesting mix between two very popular, very family-oriented, and very loyal dogs. This hybrid dog combines the intelligence and efficiency of the Golden Retriever and the cheerful disposition of the Cocker Spaniel.
- The Golden Retriever Cocker Spaniel Mix is also called Golden Cocker Retriever, Cogol, or Dakota Sport Retriever, and is recognized by the American Canine Hybrid Club (ACHC) and the Dog Registry of America Inc. (DRA).
- Golden Retriever Cocker Spaniel Mix puppies usually have the appearance of the Golden Retriever parent as seen in the moderately long golden coat, floppy ears, and a generally smaller structure compared to the parent Golden Retriever.
- The Golden Retriever Cocker Spaniel Mix is one of the friendliest dogs, but you have to seek expert advice or assistance in training the dog for socialization since its high energy could injure you or the kids.
Bernese Mountain Dog Cocker Spaniel Mix = Bernese Cocker Spaniel
- The Bernese Mountain Dog Cocker Spaniel Mix is a cross between the extremely versatile Bernese Mountain Dog and the rather exclusive companion dog Cocker Spaniel.
- The Bernese Mountain Dog Cocker Spaniel Mix is a rare type of breed, so the Internet does not have a wealth of information on it but taking a closer look at both parents should help. The Bernese Mountain Dog Cocker Spaniel Mix is a mixed breed that has the obedience, usefulness, and sturdiness of the Bernese Mountain Dog. It also has the loyalty of the Cocker Spaniel.
- The important thing to remember here is to make sure you will purchase a Bernese Mountain Dog Cocker Spaniel puppy from a reputable breeder so that it is free from diseases as much as possible.
- Take your hybrid dog to the veterinarian often as it might have inherited eye problems, hypothyroidism and allergies from the Cocker Spaniel parent. It might also have hip and elbow dysplasia tendencies just like its Bernese Mountain Dog parent.
Pitbull Cocker Spaniel Mix = Pitcker Spaniel
- The Pitbull Cocker Spaniel Mix is a unique cross between the companion and family nanny dog, the American Pit Bull Terrier, and the darling of many US families, the Cocker Spaniel.
- There is not much information about the Pitbull Cocker Spaniel Mix, but studying its parent breeds would give you valuable insight.
- The Pitbull Cocker Spaniel Mix is a family-oriented dog, but it must have acquired the aggressiveness of the Pitbull breed towards other dogs. You must keep it on a leash when walking the dog in public because the Pit Bull tends to start a fight with any dog and they tend to fight to the end.
- The Pitbull Cocker Spaniel Mix may inherit the natural tendency of the Pitbull and Cocker Spaniel breeds to experience allergies. Thus, this hybrid dog may have more food, contact, and inhalant allergies as its natural problems. Always consult your vet for further information because this hybrid dog might be in for other health challenges.
French Bulldog Cocker Spaniel Mix = French Cocker Spaniel
- The French Bulldog Cocker Spaniel Mix is a rare mix breed resulting from a cross between a family friend French Bulldog and a family companion Cocker Spaniel.
- The French Bulldog Cocker Spaniel Mix is a very loyal and devoted dog. It is loyal as much as it is intelligent, while it is easy to please. However, give it positive training reinforcement so that it will not injure young kids.
- Make sure to train this hybrid dog, or it will continually bark at strangers.
- The French Bulldog Cocker Spaniel Mix is loving, brave, reliable, and friendly to the human family that owns it. However, you should return the favor by having it regularly checked by the vet for a propensity to deafness, eye problems, skin problems, hip dysplasia, and many more.
- Even when trained, the French Bulldog Cocker Spaniel may still injure young children unintentionally, thus be firm when commanding it and always supervise young children who play with it.
Shih Tzu Cocker Spaniel Mix = Shih Spantzu
- The Shih Tzu Cocker Spaniel Mix is also called Shih Spantzu or Cock-A-Tzu, and is recognized by the:
- American Canine Hybrid Club (ACHC)
- Designer Breed Registry (DBR)
- Designer Dogs Kennel Club (DDKC)
- Dog Registry of America Inc. (DRA)
- International Designer Canine Registry (IDCR)
- The Shih Tzu Cocker Spaniel Mix Breed is a cross between the adorable companion Maltese Shih Tzu and the loving family dog, the Cocker Spaniel.
- The Shih Tzu Cocker Spaniel Mix Breed is a hybrid dog that does not often bark despite the fact that both its Cocker Spaniel parent is a frequent barker.
- The Shih Tzu Cocker Spaniel Mix is also extra friendly with people and other dogs because it comes from two parent breeds that are naturally friendly.
- The Cock-A-Tzu is basically well behaved but if you have to punish it but minimize punishments since it is a sensitive hybrid dog.
- This hybrid dog lives up to 15 years of age, but you have to make it do regular exercises because it comes from a rather inactive parent Shih Tzu parent breed.
Doberman Cocker Spaniel Mix = Dobcker Spaniel
- The Doberman Cocker Spaniel Mix is also called the Spound or the Cocker Dobe.
- This hybrid dog is recognized by the Dog Registry of America Inc. (DRA).
- The Doberman Cocker Spaniel Mix is an interesting cross between the highly energetic smooth-coated Doberman and the fluffy coated Cocked Spaniel.
- There is not much information about this breed online, so it is essential to look more into its parent breeds.
- The Doberman needs adequate attention and participation in the activities of its human family. Thus the Doberman Cocker Spaniel Mix is an interesting family guardian just like its two parent breeds.
- You need to have the Doberman Cocker Spaniel Mix trained or, just like its Doberman parent breed, it will assume the alpha role in your household.
- Consult your vet for possible health challenges to the Doberman Cocker Spaniel Mix because its Doberman parent breed suffers from Von Willebrand’s Disease and Wobbler’s Syndrome while its Cocker Spaniel parent suffers from different types of allergies.
Newfoundland Cocker Spaniel Mix = Cocker Spoundland
- Newfoundland Cocker Spaniel Mix is an interesting cross between the large, strong fisherman dog Newfoundland and the equally sweet family companion, the Cocker Spaniel.
- It is a rare breed, so there is not much information about this hybrid dog online. One should, therefore, look more closely into its parent breeds.
- The Newfoundland Cocker Spaniel Mix is a medium- to large-sized dog because of its Newfoundland parent, and it seriously needs regular grooming because of the thick coat that both its parent breeds have.
- Have a regular eye check-up for your Newfoundland Cocker Spaniel Mix because its Newfoundland parent is prone to Cherry Eye while its Cocker Spaniel parent is prone to many eye problems.
- Your Newfoundland Cocker Spaniel Mix needs plenty of exercises and mental stimulation because its Newfoundland parent needs the same thing.
Cocker Spaniel Mix Food Requirements
Petite or grand, you want to make sure your dog stays healthy for as long as possible. In order to do so, knowing the difference between the worst dry dog food and best dry dog food is essential.
Consider the age of pooch when choosing the right kibble. If your furry pal is still a baby, consult our list of best puppy food brands and if they have already reached their golden years, best senior dry dog food will be the way to go.
Cocker Spaniel crosses can result in dogs of all sizes. Picking the right chow according to their stature is crucial in order to provide them with enough nutrients. Test your luck with best dry dog food for small dogs or best large breed dry dog food and see what your pooch prefers.
Here are our top picks for pooches of all sizes:
Introducing food boosters such as Nutra Thrive dog food supplement may be needed if your Cocker Spaniel combo lacks any of the essential micronutrients or can’t strike a balance of macros. Keep in mind, though, that supplements like this one should be added to the diet only upon the vet’s approval!
- Watson, P.j., et al. “Characterization of Chronic Pancreatitis in English Cocker Spaniels.” Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, vol. 25, no. 4, 19 June 2011, pp. 797–804., doi:10.1111/j.1939-1676.2011.0744.x.
- Gagne, Tammy. The Cocker Spaniel. T.F.H. Publications, 2006.