Compare Top Pet Insurance
Rogers' Rescues is an all-breed dog rescue that relies on our network of foster homes to care for all our adoptable dogs. In addition, committed volunteers work behind the scenes to facilitate the adoption process, plan fundraising events, and more.
Despite not having a physical location, Rogers Rescues has found loving homes for over a thousand dogs since its founding in June, 2002.
All our fosters are up-to-date on vaccinations, heartworm preventative, flea and tick preventative, and are spayed or neutered. Puppies under six months are not spayed or neutered and it is the responsibility of the adopter to have the dog altered at six months of age. (See our application for more details.)
Person signing up is:- The admin/webmaster of this site- Volunteer and foster home of this group
Whitehouse Station, NJ,08889
Bluetick Coonhound | Ringwood, NJ
AdultMaleMediumBlack with Tan, Yellow or Fawn
Good in Home With
Are you looking for a dog whose heart is bigger than his brain??? Look no further than Leroy, a big mush of a dog who would like nothing more than to find a home that is going to give him all the love in the world! Having a rough start to life with owners who neglected him, his journey to a better life began when a shelter worker from another shelter saw him and fell in love with his big, goofy personality. She instantly fell head over heels in love with him and made sure he made his escape from that rural shelter, giving him a second chance at life. The shelter worker who rescued him did everything in her power to secure rescue for him so that he would never go back to the deplorable conditions that lead to his being heartworm positive. He received his treatment at the shelter and then made the journey to RR where he has been doing beautifully! Leroy is well on his way to recovery and is now looking for his perfect home. He is EXCELLENT with all types of dogs and can easily coexist if the dog doesn’t engage or will willingly play if the other dog is looking to have fun. He is living with three other dogs and happily chews bones right alongside his canine companions. He is such a good boy in the crate, especially considering he needed crate rest in his recovery from those nasty heartworms. What he lacks in intelligence, he more than makes up for with his lovable personality. He absolutely LOVES everyone he meets. He would make an incredible family dog and he just adores people. He is doing very well with housetraining and knows how to walk on a leash. We just can’t say enough wonderful things about this sweet boy. The shelter workers saw something truly special in him, fighting hard to make sure he would only have the best life going forward, and we can definitely see why! Leroy is Blue Tick Coonhound who is about 5 years old and weighs about 57 lbs. He is currently being fostered in Bethlehem, PA with three dogs, two kids, and two crazy foster parents! If you are interested in adopting a dog, please fill out our application. Meetings will not be scheduled without an application. Please visit our website www.rogersrescues.com to learn more about this amazing pet and to see other available dogs.
1. Entering Adoption Application
2. Phone IV
3. Home Visit
4. Meeting with the dog
Dog up to 7 years old: $250
Dog over 7: $150
Standardized adoption contract including defined obligations and commitments, overview dog information (pack behavior - energy level - housebreaking - crate training - separation issues - eating habits - training - behaviors and observations), veterinary care info. incl. pre-existing conditions, vetting overview.
- To adopt dog as companion never to be used for research of gift.
- To provide dog with indoor living environment, appropriate exercise, adequate fresh food and water, love/affection/attention.
- To provide dog with all attention, care and treatment as recommended by a vet. prof.
- Within 24 hours to provide dog with secure collar displaying ID tag (name/phone) and other tags (rabies etc.) as req. by law.
- To obey all state and municipal regulations governing licensing, ownership, custody, control, and care of dogs.
- Not to tether dog or closely confine dog in conditions or manners that would be considered to cause immobilization, pain, or suffering.
- To take actions preventing, and accept liability for, any behavioral or physical damage to dog.
- To hold Rogers' Rescues blameless for injury or f=death that other animals or people may incur.
- To allow Rogers' Rescues representatives permission to enter Adopter's premises - To ensure that the conditions of contract are being upheld and to remove dog from Adopter if necessary, without constituting a trespass event.
- To surrender, on demand, ownership of dog to Roger's Rescues if Adopter fails to uphold the conditions of this contract.
- To pay all costs, including prof. legal fees, if Rogers' Rescues must take action against Adopter or associated persons to execute any conditions of this contract.