50+ Corgi Mix Breeds
Check out all our Corgi Mixes <3
|Corgi Australian Shepherd Mix
||Corgi Pitbull Mix
|Corgi Border Collie Mix
||Corgi Pomeranian Mix
|Corgi Beagle Mix
||Corgi Poodle Mix
|Corgi Chiuhuahua Mix
||Corgi Pug Mix
|Corgi Dachshund Mix
||Corgi Rottweiler Mix
|Corgi German Shepherd Mix
||Corgi Terrier Mix
|Corgi Great Dane Mix
||Corgi Pitbull Mix
|Corgi Lab Mix
||Corgi Shiba Inu Mix
Boxer Corgi Mix = Coxer
- The Boxer Corgi Mix is an energetic and smart breed.
- The Corgi Boxer Mix comes in color variations such as brindle, fawn, and red.
- The lifespan of a Boxer and Corgi dog both ranges from 12 to 14 years. This puts the maximum lifespan of a Boxer Corgi at ten years.
- These breeds are also considered to be independent types. You can be at ease while you leave them alone in the house.
- The Boxer Corgi also tends to become overweight or obese. It is essential to provide your pup with daily exercise to prevent this from happening.
Husky Corgi Mix = Corsky
- The Husky Corgi Mix is typically friendly towards everyone. They can get along well with all your other animal pets, but they won’t be the best companions to have as a watchdog.
- The Corgi Husky Mix will reach at least 20-50 pounds once it has grown to its fully matured stage.
- You can expect to spend at least $1,000 on a Husky Corgi depending on the quality of the breeder you purchased the dog from.
- The Corgi Husky is known to be the type of dog that sheds a lot. You need to brush its coat at least once you a week to prevent fur from building up.
Poodle Corgi Mix = Coroodle
- Here’s a review of the history and origin of the parents of the Poodle Corgi Mix for you to have an idea of what your crossbreed could potentially end up to be like.
- The Poodle originated from Germany though it’s considered to be a national dog in France. This breed has superior swimming ability that people used for duck hunting during the ages.
- The Corgi was bred in Belgium. These breeds were particular on herding sheep and cattle. This is why up to this day, these dogs can be quite protective and guardian-minded when it comes to their owners.
- Taken from the characteristics of its parents, the Poodle Corgi Mix will most likely become a friendly and sweet dog with a bit of stubbornness.
- The Corgi Poodle Mix is an excellent tracker and has a lot of stamina. They can endure long hours of training.
German Shepherd Corgi Mix = German Corgi
- The German Shepherd Corgi Mix is a sweet, loving, loyal, and delightful family pet. This breed can be quite stubborn, so you need to provide it with plenty of training and socialization during its puppy stage.
- The Corgi German Shepherd Mix is intelligent, easy to train, and is known to be a herding animal. This makes it an excellent selection for a guard dog.
- The neck of the German Shepherd Corgi is long. Its top line if well-level and firm. The head is also quite foxy in shape, as well as in appearance.
- You need to feed your dog at least two to three cups of dry food every day. This will provide it with sufficient energy for play and work each day.
Beagle Corgi Mix = Corgle
- The Beagle Corgi Mix is a healthy and sturdy dog overall, but you still need to watch out for this dog’s weight.
- Once the Corgi Beagle Mix becomes overweight or obese, it becomes prone to illnesses such as hip dysplasia.
- The Beagle Corgi does shed its hair once in a while. You need to give it some brushing once every few days. You might also want to use a deshedding tool to prevent the dog’s fur from collecting in the body.
- Both the Corgi and Beagle parents are known for their stubborn streaks. You need to provide sufficient training for your dog mix during its early stage to ensure that it grows to be a sweet and obedient dog.
Bull Mastiff Corgi Mix = Bull Corgi
- The Corgi was initially bred to herd cattle and sheep while the Bullmastiff is categorized as guardians of the ground.
- Taken from the characteristics of the parent breeds, the Bullmastiff Corgi Mix will most likely become a sweet, confident, and loyal dog that you can rely on guarding the house.
- Provide the Corgi Bullmastiff Mix with sufficient training, and you will be able to keep them with other pets as well.
If this dog mix takes after the Bullmastiff parent, it will most likely be a low-energy dog as well.
- Though this isn’t the kind of dog that wants to run around with kids, the Bullmastiff Corgi will do well in sports.
Labrador Corgi Mix = Labracorgi
- The Labrador Corgi Mix will most likely have a standard size of 30-60 pounds.
- Both the Labrador and Corgi parents are known for their frequent shedding. It would be the best measure to provide your Corgi Labrador Mix with at least once a week brushing. This will make the dog’s coat shiny and manageable.
- If your dog mix takes on the Labrador genes, it will become friendly with unfamiliar faces.
- The Corgi side of the family is the one that is more protective of its herd and thus tends to be wary of strangers. If your dog takes after the Corgi parent, it will most likely serve as a watchdog.
Chihuahua Corgi Mix = Chihuagi
- The Chihuahua Corgi Mix will most likely take on a friendly and sweet demeanor towards other pets and children if it favors the genes of the Corgi parent.
- Your dog mix can also come off as a bit feisty if it takes after the Chihuahua genes.
- The Chihuahua Corgi can make an excellent family pet although the Chihuahua side of the family can come off as aggressive. You only need to provide the dog with at least one hour of training every day.
- The Corgi Chihuahua Mix has a lifespan of at least 12-16 years.
Chow Chow Corgi Mix = Chowgi
- As a new and rare breed, we studied the history and origins of the parent breeds of the Chow Chow Corgi Mix.
- The Corgi is a breed that’s protective over its owners. That’s because this breed was initially grown to herd sheep and cattle. This dog’s herding skills live on up to this day.
- The Chow Chow is one of the oldest dog breeds in history. This dog has a marvelous speed which made them at good at hunting birds during the early times. They are quite agile that they are also considered as sporting dogs.
- If the Chow Chow genes become dominant, your Corgi Chow Chow Mix will most likely become an alpha that will require a firm owner and trainer to turn it into an obedient dog.
Border Collie Corgi Mix = Border Corgi
- There are little to no health concerns related to the Border Collie Corgi Mix. This enables them to have a long life of up to 14 years.
- The Corgi Border Collie Mix has a herding behavior that can be a nuisance to most dog owners. They tend to want to show their owners which way to go instead of it being the other way around. While this causes no harm, this behavior can be bothersome in the long run. The puppy will need at least one hour of training per day to prevent this behavior from developing.
- This dog has the sharpness of a Corgi and the intellect of a Border Collie.
- This dog mix is highly energetic and requires a few hours of playtime each day to keep their energy levels at bay.
Australian Shepherd Corgi Mix = Australian Corgi
- The Australian Shepherd Corgi Mix is a small dog of 20-30 pounds and 11-13 inches.
- The Corgi Australian Shepherd Mix is a herding dog that frequently shows signs of stubbornness.
- You need to provide this dog with sufficient exercise every day paired with early training and socialization.
- The American Canine Hybrid Club recognizes the Australian Shepherd Corgi Mix, as well as the Designer Dogs Kennel Club, International Designer Canine Registry, and the Dog Registry of America Inc.
Dachshund Corgi Mix = Corghund
- The Dachshund Corgi Mix is affectionate, intelligent, faithful, and loves to spend time with its family group.
- Its Dachshund parent was bred to bark underground so their owners would know where it is.
- The Corgi Dachshund Mix will most likely be a noisy breed as well.
- A Dachshund Corgi with smooth hair will only need little grooming while one that has long hair will require brushing at least once a week due to frequent shedding.
- This breed only needs moderate exercise to prevent it from becoming overweight and stressed out.
Cocker Spaniel Corgi Mix = Cocker Spangi
- The Cocker Spaniel Corgi Mix will have brown eyes with a black nose.
- You will need to provide this dog a brushing every other day. Doing this will prevent the hair from becoming matted and tangled.
- The Corgi Cocker Spaniel Mix also needs 45 minutes of exercise or playtime every day. This will combat stress and the possibility of becoming overweight. A fat dog is prone to different kinds of illnesses.
- In training your dog, it would be best to use positive reinforcement instead of punishment.
St. Bernard Corgi Mix = St. Corgi
- The St. Bernard Corgi Mix is a pack kind of dog. It enjoys spending time with its owners, children, and other animals.
- Despite its friendly and sweet nature, it can still serve as a guard dog due to the herding instincts coming from the Corgi parent.
- The Corgi St. Bernard Mix is prone to a lot of shedding. You need to invest in a vacuum and a good dog brush to prevent hair from either building up or to fall to the floor.
- The St. Bernard Corgi is an intelligent and easy-to-train dog, but you need to be a firm trainer to make this dog follow due to its alpha personality.
American Bulldog Corgi Mix = American Corgi
- The Corgi can come between a friendly and protective dog due to its herding instincts, but the American Bulldog was initially bred to be fierce and aggressive.
- Due to the characteristics of both parents, your American Bulldog Corgi Mix has a good chance of favoring the protective and feisty genes of both parents.
- The Corgi American Bulldog Mix will most likely serve as a guardian dog to its owners but provided sufficient training it can get along with other pets and children at your home.
- Exercise is vital for this dog breed. Due to its high energy, it becomes necessary to keep their levels at bay so they won’t cause mischief in the house.
Shar Pei Corgi Mix = Shar Corgi
- We looked into the ancestry of both the Shar-Pei and Corgi breeds to give you an idea of how your Shar Pei Corgi Mix will be like.
- The Corgi is known for its herding instincts for sheep and cattle. This dog brings these traits along as they mingle with their human owners. They are protective over people and other pets as well.
- The Shar-Pei is a Chinese dog considered to be one of the most ancient breeds. People believed during the time they were used to fight with lions. The wrinkles on their body helped protect their inner organs.
- Your Corgi Shar Pei Mix can come between being fighter and lap dog. Make sure to provide this dog with lots of proper training and early socialization. This will enable it to adapt to a household that gets frequent visits.
Akita Corgi Mix = Corgikita
- The pairing of the Akita dog and Corgi combines the genes of a helper dog and a fighter.
- The Corgi was used for herding sheep and cattle in the past. This means they have an alpha personality and come off as protective of their family.
- The Akita is a Japanese dog that was used for hunting bears or at least to keep them at bay until the hunters decide to kill the bears.
- Your Akita Corgi Mix will have a tendency towards predatory behavior when faced with threat or danger. This makes it a good choice for a guard dog.
- We suggest giving the Corgi Akita Mix early socialization and training so it can get along with visitors and other pets you have at home.
Blue Heeler Corgi Mix = Blue Corgi
- The Blue Heeler Corgi Mix can be bought at roughly $800 to $1,200.
- The Corgi Blue Heeler Mix is a dog of either small or medium size. It can obtain a height of 13 – 20 inches and a weight of 30 – 60 pounds.
- Due to being a hybrid, the Blue Heeler Corgi is blessed with having a longer life compared to other small or medium-sized dogs. It has a life expectancy of 16 years maximum.
- The Blue Heeler Corgi is a friendly and lovely dog though it has a natural prey drive that you need to tame at an early age. It is because of this that you need to prepare the dog for initial training and socialization.
English Bulldog Corgi Mix = English Corgi
- The English Bulldog Corgi Mix will have short legs due to the dwarfism genes of the Corgi parent.
- Both the Corgi and English Bulldogs have aggressive genes. There is a significantly high chance that your Corgi English Bulldog Mix will develop protectiveness over family and other pets because of this.
- An exercise of one hour per day is necessary for the English Bulldog Corgi because you need to keep this dog stress-free. Doing so will also prevent them from biting your stuff at home.
- This dog only needs moderate grooming. Brushing the hair once a week will do.
Golden Retriever Corgi Mix = Golden Corgitriever
- A Golden Retriever Corgi Mix puppy will weigh around 40-50 pounds depending on the size and variations of the parent breeds.
- Both the Corgi and Golden Retriever are affectionate breeds and incredibly loyal. There is no doubt that the Corgi Golden Retriever Mix will grow with those traits as well.
- This dog mix is an energetic breed that gets along well not only with its owners but also with other animals. You won’t have trouble bringing in other pets along.
- You need to give your Golden Retriever Corgi Mix regular brushings due to its long and thick hair.
Great Pyrenees Corgi Mix = Great Corgirenees
- The Great Pyrenees was originally bred to protect people and livestock just as the Corgi dog.
- There is no doubt that your Great Pyrenees Corgi Mix will possess those traits as well.
- Your Corgi Great Pyrenees Mix will be an intelligent, loving, and friendly dog that enjoys playtime and bonding with the family.
- It will require weekly brushing due to its long and bushy coat.
- Give it regular exercise so your dog will create noise and destruction while you are away.
Rhodesian Ridgeback Corgi Mix = Rhodesian Corgi
- While the Corgi is a herding dog, the Rhodesian Ridgeback is known as an African dog that was bred for hunting and guarding the house.
- You get the perfect family pet with the Rhodesian Ridgeback Corgi Mix as you combine the traits of both parents. This dog mix is a loving and sweet dog that is also capable of protecting and safeguarding everyone at home when the situation demands it.
- The Rhodesian Ridgeback Corgi is a medium-energy dog, but you still need to provide it with daily exercise to give it enough physical and mental stimulation.
- This breed is typically healthy, but it is still necessary to be mindful of its dry food diet.
Bernese Mountain Dog Corgi Mix = Bernese Corgi
- The Bernese Mountain Dog Corgi Mix is difficult to groom. You need to give it regular brushing as well as take to the veterinary clinic once in a while to check for ear infections.
- The Corgi Bernese Mountain Dog Mix can cost around $500 to $5,000.
- This dog breed works best when exposed to a cold environment because it has a thick coat.
- The Bernese Mountain Dog Corgi has an intense prey drive. You need to give it early socialization training if you live with other small animals.
Pitbull Corgi Mix = Pitcorg
- The Pitbull Corgi Mix is a rare and new breed. If you want to take one as your pet, the best way to do so is through a breeder. This will ensure you of a healthy dog.
- Going through a breeder for your Corgi Pitbull Mix might cost you $500 to $800.
- This dog mix is an intelligent breed. That makes them easy to train although you still need to show that you are a firm trainer to earn their respect.
- This dog has the athletic and stocky built of its Pitbull parent but has a long muzzle just like the Corgi.
French Bulldog Corgi Mix = French Corgi
- The French Bulldog Corgi Mix will most likely weigh between 20-40 pounds because the Corgi can weigh up to 38 pounds while the French Bulldog is usually at 28 pounds.
- The French Bulldog and Corgi have different traits in the sense that the Corgi have high energy whereas the Bulldog is somewhat idle. Your Corgi French Bulldog will most likely be a medium-energy dog.
- If you intend to make your dog mix an indoor pet, you need to provide it with dog potty training during its puppy stage.
- The French Bulldog Corgi has independent traits. It would be best to wait for your children to reach eight years of age before you take one of these dogs home.
Catahoula Corgi Mix = Corgihoula
- Both the Catahoula and Corgi are energetic dogs. It is important to engage your Catahoula Corgi Mix in one hour of exercise each day to keep their energy levels at bay. This is especially true you live with children or other pets.
- The Corgi Catahoula Mix tends to have an alpha personality. You need to show this dog that you are a firm trainer so that you will be able to teach him the art of obedience.
- You might also catch some signs of aggressiveness in this dog mix. The best thing you can do is to engage it in socialization training at an early age so he can get along with your guests and other animals.
- We recommend leaving your pet to run around in his own space or perhaps a yard. This will encourage him to play the role of a guard dog.
Shih Tzu Corgi Mix = Shih Tzug
- The Shih Tzu Corgi Mix is an affectionate and protective dog. If you have regular visitors coming to your home, it would be best to engage this dog to early socialization and training.
- The Corgi Shih Tzu Mix can grow as high as 13 inches tall and 20-50 pounds in weight.
- This breed has moderate shedding. Brushing the hair once every few days is enough to keep this dog looking clean and adorable.
- This type of dog has a history when it comes to being jealous of other children. Make sure that your kids are at least ten years of age before they play with this dog.
Doberman Corgi Mix = Corgierman
- The Newfoundland Corgi Mix is a double purpose dog. It makes an excellent companion at home, guard dog, as well as a working dog due to its Newfoundland genes.
- The Corgi Newfoundland Mix is a highly-energetic dog. You need to invest a lot of time in exercise every day to satisfy this dog’s demand for activities.
- There is no doubt that this dog will aim to be alpha as well. This puts you in the line of becoming a firm trainer for this dog. You need to expose this dog to obedience training and socialization classes while it is still a puppy.
- You need to feed this dog three cups of dry food each day to replenish its high energy.
Corgi Mix Food Requirements
Make sure you always feed your hairy companion the best dog food available to increase their longevity and improve their health. You can always look for ideas with best dry dog food brands, so scan through Wellness Core Dog Food, Dog For Dog Food, or Nutra Thrive dog food supplement, but avoid giving them the worst dry dog food.
The owners whose puppies want to grow big and strong should stick to the best puppy food brands. The elderly dogs who wish to feel young again should get the best senior dry dog food, which will strengthen their brittle bones. Don’t forget that furry one inherited a lot of genes from their parents, so you can always try out best dry dog food for small dogs or best large breed dry dog food. Make sure you talk to the vet before changing your pup’s diet.
- Oyake, Kanae, et al. “Changes in Respiratory Function in Pembroke Welsh Corgi Dogs with Degenerative Myelopathy.” Journal of Veterinary Medical Science, vol. 78, no. 8, 24 Apr. 2016, pp. 1323–1327., doi:10.1292/jvms.15-0521.
- Harper, Deborah S. Pembroke Welsh Corgi: An Owners Guide to a Happy, Healthy Pet. Howell, 1999.